I thought a cool topic for a thread would be asking you guys to suggest some bands that maybe not a lot of people know about, or a band that is mislabeled by general listeners or by the vibes of their singles.

I thought listing like 5 or 10 of the best tracks by said artists that aren't singles might expose some people to new bands or a new side of familiar bands.

I'm gonna go with the Goo Goo Dolls first. Most people think these guys are just balladeers, but truth be told they have some great, great rock songs and Johnny Rzeznik can really play that guitar in addition to writing great songs.

These are in no chronoligical or best order:

1. Girl Right Next to Me
2. Stop the World
3. So Far Away
4. On the Lie
5. Burnin' Up
6. Flat Top
7. Ain't that Unusual
8. Eyes Wide Open
9. Hate this Place
10. Think About Me

There's so many more, but that's definitely a good starting point. I'd love to hear who you guys will list, so keep it comin!
Coheed And Cambria. Alot of their singles, especially from IKSSE:3 and Good Apollo 1 are decent to bad, but the albums always have some amazing songs on em. Listen to The Crowing, In Keeping Secrets..., Three Evils, The Willing Well I, III, and IV, and The Camper Velorium III: Al the Killer. IMO< their best single is Welcome Home, but the intro is much longer on the album and so are the solos.

Another one is Funeral for a Friend. IMO, what ive heaard from the new album isnt too great, but their cd Hours is just awesome. Check the whoe thing out.
GOO GOO DOLLS OMG I WAS GONNA USE THEM....

All those that you listed for them though were really great songs, my favorites by them. The best album is Superstar Car Wash, and it got like no publicity. I'll list some more by them:

1. Domino
2. Hey
3. Laughing
4. There You Are (would you consider that one a non-hit?)
5. All Eyes On Me
6. Don't Beat My Ass
7. Truth Is A Whisper
8. Bullet Proof
9. Lucky Star
10. Fallin' Down

And now I'm gonna do Lifehouse, I have tons for them because they only have like 3 hits lol.

1. Quasimodo
2. Cling and Clatter
3. The Joke
4. Just Another Name
5. Better Luck Next Time
6. The Beginning
7. The End Has Only Begun
8. Unknown
9. Fairytales Sandcastles

ok then I guess I only have nine lol.
Last edited by heartagram719 at Oct 27, 2007,
The Mars Volta. They're single's are their worst songs. Some of the best TMV songs are...

1. Tetragrammeton
2. Vicarious Atonement
3. Cassandra Gemini (or any song off of Frances the Mute.)
4. Take The Veil Cerpin Text
5. Cicatriz ESP
6. Roulette Dares (The Haunt of)
7. Meccamputechture
8. Day of the Baphomets
9. Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus
10. L'Via L'Viaquez

All of those songs are incredible.
Porcupine Tree: all their non-singles in existance.

hmm...

Alter Bridge:

1. One Day Remains
2. Burn It Down
3. Metalingus
4. In Loving Memory
5. Blackbird
6. Wayward One
7. Brand New Start (could be a single though..)
8. Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad
9. On My Way Now

Creed: Who's Got My Back?, Faceless Man (the two best Creed songs ever, in a whole different league compared to their singles).

Army Of Anyone: basically their whole debut album, minus Goodbye, since it was the single. That's actually a great song as well though. The album version is better, since it has the drum solo.
Good stuff! Actually the song "Wake Up" by Coheed is one of my all time favorite songs. Probably tied with "Nutshell" by AiC for the most beautiful song of all time. I've enjoyed Lifehouse's stuff since the "Hanging by a Moment" days.

I've given the Mars Volta multiple tries, and despite Frusciante being closely associated with them I just can't get in to their thing, but they are breaking a lot of ground.

Creed's first album is great, and my band almost opened for Alter Bridge last weekend (we weren't quite ready yet...) Haven't listened to Army of Anyone except the lead-off single, but anything with the DeLeos is alright with me.

Here's a list of RHCP songs from after Frusciante came back (at which point they started just making incredible music. It's so hard to narrow it down like this.

1. Parallel Universe
2. Easily
3. Minor Thing
4. Venice Queen
5. Charlie
6. Torture Me
7. Wet Sand (my favorite guitar solo of all time)
8. 21st Century
9. Turn it Again
10. Save the Population (originally unreleased, but by far one of their best)
Last edited by fastlanestoner at Oct 27, 2007,
Incubus.....

1. Beware! Criminal
2. Psychopsilocybin
3. Sick Sad Little World
4. Deep Inside
5. The Warmth
6. Mexico
7. A Certain Shade of Green
8. Just A Phase
9. Azwethinkweiz
LOL
Ah well, I'll join in.

Queens of the Stone Age - Most know 'em, and the majority of them only listen to the singles.
1 - In the Fade
2 - Song for the Dead
3 - Auto Pilot
4 - The Bronze
5 - Mexicola
6 - You Can't Quit Me Baby
7 - Better Living Through Chemistry
8 - Long Slow Goodbye
9 - Misfit Love
10 - Quick and to the Pointless

Bit of everything in there I think...