Can someone tell me what to replace a Ibanez RG3EXQM1 's humbuckers with? I'm thinking of Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio (Some evolution)
I play rock, classic rock, metal, jazz, and some blues.

Also could someone perhaps post a color chart for the dimarzio humbuckers.
I don't know about Dimarzio's but Seymour Duncans are great for Jazz Blues and Classic Rock. For metal you should probably look into EMG's.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by jfloyd1879
I've never posted a thread like this before...

yeah you have - 3 times now
Depends on the model, but some Dimarzio vinatge voiced pickups should do the trick. I just dont know how good a metal tone would be compared to a blues tone... one category will HAVE to suffer a bit...
For the first part of your question - what amp do you have.

For the second - is it really that hard to look on Dimarzio's website?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
1. I currently have a Frontman 15G but will probably be getting a 30W Crate tube amp soon.
2. I looked but I'd like to see the actual pickups in color, not just some colors.
Quote by jfloyd1879
1. I currently have a Frontman 15G but will probably be getting a 30W Crate tube amp soon.
2. I looked but I'd like to see the actual pickups in color, not just some colors.

Do you honestly think somebody round here is holding out on you, jealously guarding their treasured collection of picture with examples of every clolour of Dimarzio?

Hey...maybe there's a book, Larry Dimarzio is a photographer after all. If there isn't he should make one, he could call it "The Spectrum of Sound" or something cool like that...maybe "The Rainbow of Tone"

Get a better amp first, then maybe worry about pickups...no point doing it now.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Alright, but the main point was to ask Duncan or Seymour for when I DO change them. I will be getting a new amp when I get a new guitar (Christmas) and I don't want to have to worry about it then. I just wanna play for a while, earn the money, buy.
Quote by jfloyd1879
Alright, but the main point was to ask Duncan or Seymour for when I DO change them. I will be getting a new amp when I get a new guitar (Christmas) and I don't want to have to worry about it then. I just wanna play for a while, earn the money, buy.

Well, going by your original post you'll probably want something like a pair of Dimarzo Breeds or maybe a Duncan Custom Custom/59 set.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Alright, I'll look into that. I was kinda thinking the Hot rodded humbucker set, with JB and Jazz (by Duncan)
the breeds are good, maybe that and a paf pro in the neck. as long as your amp can bring the thunder, its not bad to go a little lower output.
Quote by jfloyd1879
Alright, I'll look into that. I was kinda thinking the Hot rodded humbucker set, with JB and Jazz (by Duncan)

Quote by steven seagull
maybe a Duncan Custom Custom/59 set.

+1

The JB would probably be too hot for what you want to play, and is on the thinner side of the tonal spectrum.

The decision between the '59 and the Jazz is pretty much a choice whether you like more warmth or more clarity.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
What's the difference between warmth and clarity? Also I like warm, tube-sounding distortion.
Then go for the '59, though since they are pretty similar pickups, you could probably do either.

The '59 gives you that vintage PAF tone.

Warmth = More mids/lower mids

Clarity = More treble
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
DiMarzio Breed Bridge / DiMarzio PAF Pro
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212