Page 1 of 5
Well, today's been a bitch.

Last month, my Mum got diagnosed with bowel cancer, and began chemo and radiotherapy, hoping that it would shrink the tumor so it could be operated on easily. However, the tumor's got worse and it's breaking the lining of her bowel. She went into hospital today for what I've been told may be the very last time.

I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. This is the woman who gave birth to me and, from when I was 5 years old, raised me alone. Also, without her, I'm on my own with 3 younger brothers who are aged 15, 12 and 3. Before you ask, the youngest was from another father.

Has anyone else on here been in this situation? I really don't know what to do or say.
Quote by Aidy Damage

Last month, my Mum got diagnosed with bowel cancer, and began chemo and radiotherapy, hoping that it would shrink the tumor so it could be operated on easily. However, the tumor's got worse and it's breaking the lining of her bowel. She went into hospital today for what I've been told may be the very last time.

I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. This is the woman who gave birth to me and, from when I was 5 years old, raised me alone. Also, without her, I'm on my own with 3 younger brothers who are aged 15, 12 and 3. Before you ask, the youngest was from another father.

Has anyone else on here been in this situation? I really don't know what to do or say.

All my thoughts go out to you Aidy, I can't imagine how that must feel. I just hope for your sake things look up.
Now that's REALLY terrible.

Honestly, it puts stuff into perspective.

All I can say is make the most of the time you have left.

You have mine and all of UG's sympathy. I don't know what to say but I hope you still remain a really cool guy throughout all of this.
I'm really sorry

I'll pray for you and your mother.
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
These are the things that make me think that we are all vulnerable and mortal and that life isn't always good.

I'm really really sorry my friend, I sincerely hope your mother finds the strength to fight it and maybe with some kind of miracle be cured..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
sorry man... cant say i've ever had anything like that happen to me... wish i could help
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I've lost A parent, but I've never been without both. I think you could pull off taking care of the 2 older brothers, but I'm not sure how well you'll be able to take care of a 3 year old. I'd also worry about keeping them in line. If push comes to shove, I'd say enlist help of close relatives as much as possible.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
Quote by Aidy Damage

Shit.

Who's gonna end up looking after you?

What the fuck is with bowel cancer? I thought it was quite rare but I know two people who have it and your mum's got it too.
you got my sympathy man...
condolences to your whole family
hope your mom can pull through
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
find out what your mom's favorite song EVER is, learn it, and play it if she dies

i mean...you really can't do anything about it because you're not in a situation to.

this might sound harsh, but id be more concerned with what you're going to do with yourself and your 3 younger brothers rather then so much with your mom.
i mean....you four are still going to be here and have to get somewhere to live.

but seriously, condolences to you and your family buddy
this is a really bad situation.

just for this post....

-Mr. D
I know nothing anyone on here can say will make it any better, but I hope somehow your mum pulls through this.
If the worst does happen, try and stay strong for your brothers and sisters and help each other get through it.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Sh it bro... I don't know what else to say... (Well actually I am going to say more)

You 17/18 right? Are you legally able to take care of any of your siblings/feel able to in yourself?
That's really terrible. You have my condolences, and I cannot begin to imagine what you must feel like.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Meths
Shit.

Who's gonna end up looking after you?

What the fuck is with bowel cancer? I thought it was quite rare but I know two people who have it and your mum's got it too.

Yeh its not very common, but the chemo has a hard time getting rid of it because your stomach and intestines are used to having all crap go trough it. [like McD's]

My grandpa has the same thing but except for feeling ****ty 24/7 he's alive.
im really sorry to hear that man, life is really ****ed up sometimes... its times like this when we start to question everything in life... jsut stay strong dude, times like these really build character and help to give real insight... ive been there before, and in the end, you really feel stronger as a person. all the best.
Quote by BlackerSabbath
i really think i can sympathize. i got a paper cut the other day day and it hurt like bitch.

Not cool.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Wow, you've just really depressed me.

My conodlances go out to you, she'll be in my prayers.

Have you no other family?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
find out what your mom's favorite song EVER is, learn it, and play it if she dies

i mean...you really can't do anything about it because you're not in a situation to.

this might sound harsh, but id be more concerned with what you're going to do with yourself and your 3 younger brothers rather then so much with your mom.
i mean....you four are still going to be here and have to get somewhere to live.

but seriously, condolences to you and your family buddy
this is a really bad situation.

She already told me that she wants Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse, which I'm learning right now, and Angels by Robbie Williams. I'm literally in tears playing B&H, and I don't know how I'll hold it together at the funeral.

Thanks for all your love and support, and apologies for me being away from UG for so long- got a family to look after, college to go to and a band to play in.
Quote by BlackerSabbath
i really think i can sympathize. i got a paper cut the other day day and it hurt like bitch.

why would you say that?
Quote by BlackerSabbath

was that suppost to be humorous? Insensitive .

sorry to hear about her condition buddy, i wouldnt wish that on anyone. I wouldnt survive myself i dont think i could cope
My condolences to you and your whole family man, I can't even scratch the surface on how you must be feeling....
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by BlackerSabbath

Well, I guess it's inevitable for assholes like yourself to reach such a low level in a thread. I would like to see how would you react to a situation like this..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
this kinda shows how pointless most of todays kids problems are...like some kids cry when they run outta ****in eyeliner

condolences
SWFC
I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you get social aid in your situation on England. I'm not saying you won't be a ble to take care of your siblings but if you're goin to college it could get mighty tough to study full time AND work full time; 'cause college is pretty much full time.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Page 1 of 5