Do they actually work? I'm on about those things that you strap around your stomach and chest and send electric pulses that stimulate your muscles.

Are they effective, does anyone here have any experience with them? I've been working out lately but these seem like a good add-on for when I need to be doing other stuff.
Funny words.
yeah they do work but they are uncomfortable especially on your chest. I used one about 3 years ago and the effects are still noticable after doing no weights or whatever since.
Just out of curiosity, how expensive are they? 'Cause the only ones I can find are about, $400 or something.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Just out of curiosity, how expensive are they? 'Cause the only ones I can find are about, $400 or something.

i bought an expensive belt one £100 /£200 and also a cheaper all body one £50. The difference is the comfort..the cheaper ones dont always sit firmly on the skin which then gives you electric shocks!.
Ahaa, not too bad then, so they do actually work?

I read somewhere that 3 minutes is as effective as 100 pushups or something, true? And I wouldn't've thought they'd build any strength, do they?
Funny words.
they give you electric shocks in intervals. so yeah they hurt.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by deepestpurple
Do they hurt?

If you use them to try and exercise your love muscle, yes. Lots.
i used 1 once and being the complete idiot that i am i cranked it up 2 full power just for a laugh

omg it hurt REALLY bad
I strapped one to my balls for a dare whilst drunk once.....Won't be trying that again!!!!!
will they convert your fat to abs ?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by Lagrance
will they convert your fat to abs ?

Not if your fat is stored in a double chin, or on your, eh, "tail end."
Ive only tried one out in a shop,and it gives you spazms lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Ahaa, not too bad then, so they do actually work?

I read somewhere that 3 minutes is as effective as 100 pushups or something, true? And I wouldn't've thought they'd build any strength, do they?

i dont understand what you mean by that. Muscle is stronger and denser than fat. It was definately much more effective in conjunction with doing weights and stuff. Also quite funny if you put it on your forearm because the shock triggers your fingers to move on their own.
I used one without gel/water once and I got electric burns on my stomach, BUT it was pretty solid for a while........then I discovered beer
Quote by Hellhammerz
i dont understand what you mean by that. Muscle is stronger and denser than fat. It was definately much more effective in conjunction with doing weights and stuff. Also quite funny if you put it on your forearm because the shock triggers your fingers to move on their own.

For example a body builder can lift a large amount of weight because they train to do so, if you were to rely on this electronic thing, then you wouldn't be training to lift that kind of weight, and so if you were at the same muscle density as a body builder, I'd guess they'd still be able to lift a lot more weight.
Funny words.
no they dont hurt.. no i dont know how much they cost... and yes they work.

my step-bro came across one when we were sophmores... we called it the Ab-a-tron, but mainly used it as a joke..

if you hold it in you hand and turn it up you cant let go.. and your neck muscles keep tightening and you end up makin funny faces

also putting it on the face is a funny/bad idea
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
For example a body builder can lift a large amount of weight because they train to do so, if you were to rely on this electronic thing, then you wouldn't be training to lift that kind of weight, and so if you were at the same muscle density as a body builder, I'd guess they'd still be able to lift a lot more weight.

its the same man, if you have a 6 pack you have a 6 pack. The dense muscle will make you stronger but as i just said you cant do your forearms so you are lifting weights with skinny wrists and huge biceps. Definately worth getting one tho mate i was well into it when i was sleeping around lol.