Page 1 of 2
Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmteem, Joe Satriani, Buckethead, etc....
These guitarist sounds so fake and artificial. Sure they may know **** load of theory but it doesn't appear as they posses natural musical talent. And they play like 200 notes a minute, so they can mask how bad they play. Also these musicians seems to over emphasize on the guitar, rather playing as a cohesive band. The bass and drums on their songs never stand out, and having no vocals makes their songs empty and soul less. Also I can't stand Vai overuse of the whammy bar, and he exagerates his face everytime he does a solo.
Last edited by lpmarshall at Oct 27, 2007,
/runs away from thread
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
yes
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
prepare for a flaming

buckethead is one of the most original guitarists in the world
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Lies

Paul Gilbert > YOU
Vai > You

GTFO!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
people like what they like,
I'm sure if someone made a thread bashing your favorite artist/band you wouldn't be very happy.
keep your opinions to yourself.
Well do <b>you</b> know a ****load of theory?

And playing 200 notes a minute, while making it sound good takes a hell of a lot of talent.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Clearly somebody has not listened to "For the Love of God", or "Midnight", or "Jordan", do so, then try and convince people that they possess no talent.
Funny words.
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

/Leaves thread
i hate all of them except yngwie malmsteen. if you could even know a little bit of what he knew then you would actually understand how complicated his **** is. dont get me wrong he's not like dimebag or slash because they play with soul and style and carres and not just speed. but yea ygnwie joe satrianni and steve vai are all good. **** BUCKET HEAD. i really hate bucket head. jordan sucks
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
...that doesn't even make any sense.

Those guitarists don't play fast so they can 'mask how bad they play', in fact it's a great example of how well they can play.

Natural musical talent is a point. Some (like Yngwie) don't have it, they just practice like hell and reap the rewards. Good on them for it.

Seriously though, guys like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are INCREDIBLE musicians. They have incredible knowledge of music as a whole, theoretical, historical and styles from all over the world. They can write music for any situation, and focusing it on the guitar is the point, because it's GUITAR MUSIC.

However, claiming that guys like those can't write music that doesn't focus only on guitar is a load of crap. Listen to the second disc of Steve Vai's 'Sound Theories', and entirely orchestral album composed by Vai, not a guitar in sight.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Ehm...they're solo artists? Isn't that why all the music's emphasized on guitar? And none of them play bad or make mistakes...if you think they have no soul go and listen to Buckethead's "I Love My Parents" and try to keep on arguing.

Shut up n00b.

Oh, and i do agree that Vai uses a bit too much whammy.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i agree for the most part, but i think they do have talent, they just need to channel it better into a more constructive pieces so they can garner more respect. i love satch though
You say that these guys only play fast. Obviously you are wrong and stupid. You say that they play badly. I bet you can't play their most dfficult songs. And Satch possesses tons of talent, he was better than his guitar teacher after a year. There is no way your arguement has any weight. Though you can be entitled to say that you think that these players sound like wankery to you, but to say that they are bad players is an utterly ignorant statement.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by evening_crow
Ehm...they're solo artists?

This is the important thing.

Does anybody criticise George Michael because his songs don't have particularly original drums, or bass, or guitars? No, it's about the vocals and vocal melodies because he's a SOLO VOCALIST.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
How do you exaggerate your face? Is it like one of those circus mirrors that makes you look short and fat or tall and thin?
Quote by rizo299
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

/Leaves thread

I've never seen a text version before.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
well... i'm not a fan of vai, but i respect his skills and he is a hell of a guitarist.
i like satriani more though.
BUCKET HEAD SUCKS. i would own bucket head.

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
You say they play bad? Who do you consider a good guitar player?
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
OI SHREDDERS

Not neccesarily these guys right, but next time you're watching a video on youtube of someone shredding really fast, look away from the video and just LISTEN.

Sometimes it just sounds like absolute incoherrent ****e.

But then again, respect to them for being able to play that fast, but it doesn't neccesarily mean good music
Quote by Parentadvisory
BUCKET HEAD SUCKS. i would own bucket head.

No way. He'd get you with the nunchucks.
You're one of those guys that has never really listened to them and says that you dislike them because you can't play as well as they do. Trust me, we see your ilk all the time here.

*reported* for pointless-ness.

Edit - And 200 notes per minute? That's not really that fast, definitely not shredder speeds.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Oct 27, 2007,
dude...you are going to get so flamed that not even the california firefighters will be able to ths beast of a flame out.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by Parentadvisory
**** BUCKET HEAD. i really hate bucket head. jordan sucks
i love people who base their opinions of buckethead on one song (that song being Jordan)

try actually listening to someone before saying "**** ____"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C-2w9b8i7GU
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Dude...

I don't really like any of those guitarists (not my kind of music), but I sure as hell appreciate their talent.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
dd00d i fink u iz well jeloose coz they r quicker dan u m8 get a lyf nd start livin a lil
Quote by Parentadvisory
i hate all of them except yngwie malmsteen. if you could even know a little bit of what he knew then you would actually understand how complicated his **** is. dont get me wrong he's not like dimebag or slash because they play with soul and style and carres and not just speed. but yea ygnwie joe satrianni and steve vai are all good. **** BUCKET HEAD. i really hate bucket head. jordan sucks

jesus ****ing christ. 3 out of 4 times someone mentions buckethead they also mention jordan. whatthe**** is up with people and that song?

****ing guitar hero asswipes.

listen to some real buckethead.
You've clearly fallen on your head several times during your first years.

It's one thing that the music of those artists doesn't do anything for you, but to say that they have no talent or that they play badly...

You kids crack me up.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by MightyAl
No way. He'd get you with the nunchucks.

lol perhaps he would. i dont like bucket head he doesnt really suck. but he's way way weay overrated. i saw him play that song jordan and was highly unimpressed. all the other guitarists listed are gods though and i could never compare myself to them

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
Blehh, just because he doesnt like an musician you guys do, doesnt mean you have to flame him like its mother****ing forest fires in california, he has an opinion, though he didnt put up any valid points, its still an opinion and i agree with him to some degree, vais good tho.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by duncang
...that doesn't even make any sense.

Those guitarists don't play fast so they can 'mask how bad they play', in fact it's a great example of how well they can play.

Natural musical talent is a point. Some (like Yngwie) don't have it, they just practice like hell and reap the rewards. Good on them for it.

Seriously though, guys like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are INCREDIBLE musicians. They have incredible knowledge of music as a whole, theoretical, historical and styles from all over the world. They can write music for any situation, and focusing it on the guitar is the point, because it's GUITAR MUSIC.

However, claiming that guys like those can't write music that doesn't focus only on guitar is a load of crap. Listen to the second disc of Steve Vai's 'Sound Theories', and entirely orchestral album composed by Vai, not a guitar in sight.

Amen
Quote by RageAgainst...
prepare for a flaming

buckethead is one of the most original guitarists in the world

agreed.
Yeah it appears the thread starter hasn't heard much of buckethead's material.
some people like sports.
i like tits.
i dont like them just because they dont interest me. but i cant deny the fact that they are amazing guitarist and some of the most original of our time.
Quote by jetfuel495
jesus ****ing christ. 3 out of 4 times someone mentions buckethead they also mention jordan. whatthe**** is up with people and that song?

****ing guitar hero asswipes.

listen to some real buckethead.

ive never played guitar hero dude. but yea point taken. ive never really listened to bucket head's full set or anything

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
i don't hate them, but there not my music at all. however, i do acknowledge that they have a lot of talent. but i do like buckethead.
Last edited by hurricanes67 at Oct 27, 2007,
Page 1 of 2