I find that on my Ibanez(I love it) that I can easily go to the higher frets EASY. The 24th is easy as well, but on my Les Paul, holy crap, Its hard to hit the 17th!

Is this a problem because the Epi has a bolt on neck, unlike More expensive Epiphones which have set necks. And does an SG have better fret access?

Thanks.
SG shapes are pretty much the best guitars when it comes to fret access. And ur LP problem has to do with the shape, as the cutaway is too far up.
Quote by qotsa1998
SG shapes are pretty much the best guitars when it comes to fret access. And ur LP problem has to do with the shape, as the cutaway is too far up.

no dude, best fret access is for superstrats, sg's, and epi flying v's, oh, and the ESP eclipses are like les pauls and they have good fret access
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 27, 2007,
with LPs usually the problem is the thickness of the neck
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by dudeman_andy
with LPs usually the problem is the thickness of the neck

exactly
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
The LP only has the one cut away. It's the lack of a cut away above the neck that makes it hard to acess the higher frets. Your thumbs gets hooked/stuck on it. I have to move my thumb away from that "lack of cut away" to get to the higher frets.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal