how do i tell if my guitar needs a setup?

i thought bout taking it to my local shop to adjust action, intonation, truss rod, new string gauge etc but dont wanna look like an idiot if it doesnt need it lol i just want the best out of the guitar
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Take it to your shop and ask if they can take a look at it just to see if anything needs adjusting. I'd rather ask than look stupid by playing a broken guitar.
Intonation-the harmonic notes should be the exact same as the fretted notes at the 12th fret.
Action-personal preference. Higher, it gives u more sustain but is harder to fret, lowir is easier to play faster but gives u less sustain.
Truss rod im not too sure about. If u think it needs one, take it and at least have it looked at. if it needs one, or something can be improved, a setup will help u out with it.
Unless you're a luthier, it's never a bad idea to have your guitar loooked at. It's your call buddy!
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
imo EVERY guitar needs to be setup to sound its best, chances are if the guy knows what hes doing there are changes he can make for you.
"TONE ADDICT"
well i have had the guitar set up once when i bought it which was beginning of july so by now it may be due for another one?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
I've always brought mine in just once a year for a big setup because I give it a bi-monthly checkup. Every 2 weeks I give it a nice inspection. If you really don't know much about it, I guess you could take it in.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.