Poll: how many hours a day do you practise?
Poll Options
View poll results: how many hours a day do you practise?
0-1 hour
49 19%
1-2 hours
95 36%
2-3hours
58 22%
3-4 hours
28 11%
4 or more hours
31 12%
Voters: 261.
Page 1 of 2
i my self aim for around two hours a day what about you guys?
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
i dont stop

but seriously i usualy sit around play my guitar all day and on school days its after school/at lunch

and of course whenever i get a good riff idea, or inspiration to take on stream of consciousness again
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
ok i have like no friends so all i relly do is play guitar.

it makes me feel cool lol
maybe an hour or two a day. but when i get my new s470 ill play all the time
2-3 hours a day... on weekends

during weekdays i barely get any
I see no sign of fortress.
With school and football, I don't get very much on the weekdays, Maybe around and Hour or less. On weekends I get about 2 - 4 Hours usually.
MAD STACKS
Once I get home, I have it on for a few hours, then shower and homework, then it's back on for a couple more hours until I go to sleep. On weekends, maybe an hour or two.
For me its usually about an hour and on the weekend a couple of hours. I dont really sit down and practice with a solid regime i usually just plug in crank it up and play my favourite tunes.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
when i was in high school it was about 3+ hours every day. but with university much less, there are days when i dont even get to pick up my guitar , but im getting a gibson SG standard in a month or 2, that'll gimme some motivation.
it depends on the day
some days i´m busy and i play for the most 1 hour,or
maybe its a day that i have a lot of free time and i play like 2-3
so an average of 1-2
used to be 6 hours a day, 10 on weekends. I'm planning on taking back that schedule, even though I was failing school because I didn't do homework, and I'm skipping college for it too :P
Yea, John Petrucci has some nice time warping skills.

on weekends i usually get 2+ but during the week im lucky if i get 1. I have school, and football just got over with so its getting better, but wrestling is coming up so that will further limit my time.
Some days I'll play all day non-stop. Other times, I'll go 3-4 days without playing for a single second. I have no regular routine or time for my playing - I actually find I play better that way.
I try to get an hour in every day. I want to be good but I don;t want to lock myself in a room and play for 9 hours a day or something stupid. I just got a new amp and have played for 5 hours straight, because it sounds so good, and also to get to grips
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
After school, maybe 2 hours, weekends, all day.

Ill sit with a guitar in my lap when im on WoW or wahtever and practise/learn songs
I make in at least 5 hours a day, though I aim for 6. Normally I get six in on the week days and weekends, though for the weekends I try to practice longer than 6 - it neer works
depends if I jam with my band or not, usually at least an hour, if I jam with my band 4 or more hours.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by Pork_SodaDMV
If you were John Petrucci you'd do about 64 hours a day.
I usually do about 3-5.

how many hours are in a day? on weekdays i dont practice much but on weekends i practice A LOT!!!!! i cant stop
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
I'm not realy sure how much a play a day...it's a lot.
On weekdays, I bring my guitar to school, and me and my friends will jam around in the parking lot before school starts, and then after school, I practice with my band, or occasionaly jam with different people..weekends I dont get quite as much in, mabey an hour or 2 on weekends.
Quote by sgboy666
For me its usually about an hour and on the weekend a couple of hours. I dont really sit down and practice with a solid regime i usually just plug in crank it up and play my favourite tunes.

+1

I think its the best way. You never bore yourself. Do some workouts etc occasionally but as long as you keep challenging yourself with songs you can learn this way. It's worked for me.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by synestershadows
how many hours are in a day? on weekdays i dont practice much but on weekends i practice A LOT!!!!! i cant stop

John Petrucci plays so fast that he goes back in time, that's how he manages 64 hours a day, but he also gets older faster.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
i dunno exactly how long, but i think its about 3-4 hours...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
An hour a day at least and if I can find the time I just go over my current riff list (small as it may be)

8PM every night unless I have a headache (which is quite often due to stress!)
Well I got insomnia, so I usually just hang with friends or whatever during the day maybe get in an hour or so then play all night if I can unless I end up falling asleep (Not usually) nice little cycle of awesome.
School days around 5 hours a day.

Weekends usually around 7-8 hours.

With obvious interruptions of course (going out with friends etc.)
I used to have enough time to go about 4-5 hours of practice each day, but since more and more people want custom guitars, and it's my unfortunate job to make them. I have about 2 hours a day, including weekends, excluding band-practice-weekends, when we go about playing,drinking and smoking pot for 20 hours straight.

Happy?
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
I don't practice, that's why I suck.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
I usually get in about an hour an a half a day on weekdays, and about 4 - 5 hours on the weekends.
Well im not sure. Now I go to college a get home an hour later than normal so thats cut it down alot.

So i play normaly 1 and a half hours at least. And then while im on the computer ill play. Which is normally about 2 - 3 hours a night so? 2 hours at least.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I put 4 or more, because I pretty much play guitar when I'm not doing anything else. I'll find myself playing for 6 hours at a time.
About 3-4 hours on average... Even when I'm hanging out with my friends I'm playing guitar.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
Normally less than an hour on weekdays if I can at all, some of us have to earn a living! This past weekend I've probably played for about 10 hours: just bought an American Deluxe Strat
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by synestershadows

Didn't you know that John Petrucci can time warp in order to get those few extra hours?
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
weekdays, usually 2-3 1/2. weekends, anywhere up to six hours.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Page 1 of 2