What should I buy for my bass...(my dad pays half of the bill for music-related items)...

The expensive, and blemished, Line 6 PODxt Live...($320 including S/H)
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINBASSPODXTLIVE

The brand new Zoom B2.1U...($166.45 including S/H)
http://www.limitedgoods.com/itemView.php?ProdID=68171&CalcShipZip=17403&enterZIP=Enter

Or the new DigiTech BP200...($149.95 including S/H)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-BP200-Bass-Modeling-Processor?sku=150162&src=3WFRWXX

Please help me, so confused...:P

-Sam
Quote by pinkhaze29
I'd get the POD.

lol now i just need a extremely convincing reason to my dad...for why i have to buy the most expensive pedal online...lol...
Quote by thekooliest09
lol now i just need a extremely convincing reason to my dad...for why i have to buy the most expensive pedal online...lol...

because one day you will overtake him in strength, and might just remember the time he didnt buy you the POD when youre holding a led pipe.
lol...yeah...this is going to be my 50% x mas present...my bro is going 50% on epifone les paul and a crate amp...my other bro is going 50% for a pack of cymbals
Quote by TehJermie
because one day you will overtake him in strength, and might just remember the time he didnt buy you the POD when youre holding a led pipe.

+1
I'd avoid the line6 completly and go for the Zoom or Digitech... I've only ever heard a Digitech though.

Perhaps look at the reviews on www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews that might help you out :-]
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
I'd avoid the line6 completly and go for the Zoom or Digitech... I've only ever heard a Digitech though.

Perhaps look at the reviews on www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews that might help you out :-]

why? have you even played a pod through a nice tube amp before? because they sound awesome. Way to jump on the bandwagon... (its okay, all noobs do.)
Quote by mrchow
why? have you even played a pod through a nice tube amp before? because they sound awesome. Way to jump on the bandwagon... (its okay, all noobs do.)

Yes. I have.
I didn't like them at all, sucked alot of the tone out of the amp really. I know quite a few people who have bought them only to have them die after 6 months.

Thanks for assuming I just said it without any experience on them though (don't worry, all noobs do it).
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
i didnt know pods had special vacuum in them specially designed to "suck" the "tone" out of a tube amp.
as subjective as tone is, i guarantee a pod through a vht power amp and a good cab would crush what you use now.
*sigh*
I mean that when the pod was plugged in there was a loss from the expression and volume of the amp. It's a perfectly understandable tern of phrase which you obviously understood otherwise you would be so pedantic about it

I can't comment on that as I have never tried it, but have you tried my set-up in comparison to make that statement count?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
i was born pedantic my friend.
i hope you mean term, because a tern is a bird...see what i mean?
but i also think youre wrong there, the pod actually has settings to compensate for going in the front end of an amp. and ive heard it through something very clean sounding, and it sounded very rich and complex. of course the amp was doing some work, but still.
and yeah, i've hated pretty much every engl ive come across. even the SE just didnt rub me the right way. the sovereign and blackmore are the only things from them i can stand. actually, i quite like the sovereign.
Quote by thekooliest09
lol...yeah...this is going to be my 50% x mas present...my bro is going 50% on epifone les paul and a crate amp...my other bro is going 50% for a pack of cymbals

lol family band

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by TehJermie
i was born pedantic my friend.
i hope you mean term, because a tern is a bird...see what i mean?
but i also think youre wrong there, the pod actually has settings to compensate for going in the front end of an amp. and ive heard it through something very clean sounding, and it sounded very rich and complex. of course the amp was doing some work, but still.
and yeah, i've hated pretty much every engl ive come across. even the SE just didnt rub me the right way. the sovereign and blackmore are the only things from them i can stand. actually, i quite like the sovereign.

Haha i can see that .
Yeah I did indeed. But the keys are right next to eachother so I'm gonna use that as my excuse.
Could of just been the way I had it set up I guess. It does confuse me when people buy amazing amps for ££££ and then use a digital multiFX instead of getting some nice stompboxes... saying that I am quite funny when it comes to effects and the like.
Fair enough, I like mine but I've not had the chance to try out any of the higher end stuff.

Anywho TS - Sorry for spamming your thread. I still stand by my original choice and say go for the Digitech or the Zoom.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH