Page 1 of 6
...stated a friend of mine, who I must say is experienced in "the relationship field".

This thread is inspired by the recent "Ever been in love?" thread.

Can teenagers ACTUALLY be in love? Or do they just think they are the first time when it's only a 'crush'?
What's the difference between love and a huge crush on someone?

How do I know when it's love?
I'd punch him in the face if he tried to tell me I didn't experience love

DREDIT: You'll know man, you'll know. Love is different for every person.
My God, it's full of stars!
thats realy gay thing to say...i think anyone one can love at any age. i mean.. when i was 6 i loved my parents. i didnt understand love a whole lot but i did...and that mabey be teenagers...the love but dont understand it to much

http://www.purevolume.com/genericold
well you can normally tell its love when they have dating for more than a year.
3 small pizzas, thats like 6 large pizzas.

I was the Cas Appreciator #5. PM Skeptopotamus to Appreciate
love is a relative word. since it cant be distinctly defined, it cant be said wether a general group of people can or cant be in it. if teenagers think they are experiencing "love" technically they are.

you question is invalid
ehh
Quote by Steve The Plank
Yes, teenagers can be in love. Late teens more likely though, imo.

How late and how teen do you have to be? 18?

So basically, love is just a feeling which stands the test of time?
my idea of love is creeping outside that special someones bushes, and when she calls the police, i burn my name into her lawn.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
I don't think that anyone is exempt frmo love. Though, you can fall in and out of it so easily you can lose track of what's going on... :p
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Theres different types of love is there not.

I love my family in one way then i love my friends in a caring way.
It doesnt really matter. as soon as u got hormones going in ur head, u can experiance love i think.
I fall in love pretty easily lol. Never had a relationship though. So, bleh.
Quote by sashki

So basically, love is just a feeling which stands the test of time?

dont be naive enough to let anyone else tell you anything definitive of love. unltimately its what you think of it, and how you feel about, or will feel about, your signifigant other. it cant be measured by distances of time or lust.
ehh
Despite whats commonly believed, love is not some magical being. Well what I'm getting at here is that no one ever really has a "true love", love is merely a word stronger than like. So I don't agree with quite a bit of that.
Sorry, I never get a chance to say that, but it's ture!
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
I say there's a difference between being in love and loving someone. A teenager can be in love, but hardly love anybody (except family, I suppose, as soon as they're past their rebellion period).

Hah, I'm so elitist, talking of teenagers in 3rd person.
I'm a communist. Really.
lmfao
i think teenagers can love
we just dont have as defined a sense of it so we throw it away a lot
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I was never in love as a teenager myself, but that is not to say it can't happen. I'm 27 and married now, but back in the day when people only live to be in their 30's or 40's, getting married during teenage years was expected, so it must be possible for teenagers to be in love!!
BTW, I just remembered, he himself is in a "long distance relationship" with some girl in Boston (he is in Geneva) and he claims that they "love each other".

So that's a bit of a hypocritical statement...
I was trying to find the gayest long speech including alot of metaphors and similes to descibe what love is, but i couldn't find any.
Quote by sashki

Since around 13-15 you'd be going through puberty and be mixed up in emotions quite a lot.

You get all those ****ing girls on MSN etc that are in that age group that have been dating someone for about a day and have 'I LOVE YOU *NAME* SOOOOO MUCH XXXX WE GONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER' and all that **** that really gets on my tits.

So I'd say that for the age when you really start getting control over your emotions and mature more is 16+, and you can probably tell around then. I'm not saying that there aren't mature kids that can't tell below that age though, just more than likely, they're jumping the gun at that age.

This is all assuming you're talking about love not in the family ^^
difference between love and a crush in my opinion is:

a crush is when you want to basically have sex with somebody and like them mostly for their looks rather then their personality.

love is when you love somebody for more of their personaility the way they are more then their looks. Generally having sex with them would not be the first reason you want to be in a relationship with them
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Its something that slowly develops as you mature.

Everyone knows when a 13 year old is "in love" chances are it'll only last 3 weeks or less. But who are we to judge if it is or isn't love?

"teenagers can't love" is a stupid statement probably from an emotionally stunted person.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Since around 13-15 you'd be going through puberty and be mixed up in emotions quite a lot.

You get all those ****ing girls on MSN etc that are in that age group that have been dating someone for about a day and have 'I LOVE YOU *NAME* SOOOOO MUCH XXXX WE GONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER' and all that **** that really gets on my tits.

So I'd say that for the age when you really start getting control over your emotions and mature more is 16+, and you can probably tell around then. I'm not saying that there aren't mature kids that can't tell below that age though, just more than likely, they're jumping the gun at that age.

This is all assuming you're talking about love not in the family ^^

I know what you mean with the girls on MSN. I know some 17 year olds that do that, even when they aren't in any relationship. THey just think it's "cute" to say OMG OMG LOLL!!!! I LOVE BOB OMG OMG ROFLOL!!!!1!one!!!!

And yes, I meant love with the opposite sex.

Quote by nikhil101
difference between love and a crush in my opinion is:

a crush is when you want to basically have sex with somebody and like them mostly for their looks rather then their personality.

love is when you love somebody for more of their personaility the way they are more then their looks. Generally having sex with them would not be the first reason you want to be in a relationship with them

What if you like their looks AND personality, and do not want sex?
Quote by Steve The Plank
Yes, teenagers can be in love. Late teens more likely though, imo.

+1, But I wouldn't rule out lower teens, my grandparents were going out from 14.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I'm not of the ethos that 'true love lasts forever'. Love can be forever, and it can be fleeting and momentary.

Feeling love is one thing. Understanding love is another.
well i fell in love for the first time at the age of 17 (nearly 18). so i would say that your friend is full of crap.

it really depends on teh maturity of the two people in the relationship, and their ideas about what they want from it.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
i'v been in love with someone, i know that cuz the way i felt about her was way different to anyone else i'v ever liked. cept she only used me because of it. but i still compair other ppl i get with against her.. wish i didn't tho
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
You'll know when it's love. I'm 17, and I lived with my girlfriend for a year. She moved back out again because me being self-employed, I lost sight of managing my time between work and other things.

Pretty sure I love her though
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Raziel2p
I say there's a difference between being in love and loving someone. A teenager can be in love, but hardly love anybody (except family, I suppose, as soon as they're past their rebellion period).

Hah, I'm so elitist, talking of teenagers in 3rd person.

I kinda agree with this guy, I've "been in love" with one or two of my girlfriends. But only one I'd say I've loved. Ironically it was a very short relationship but tbh I feel the same even tho it was a year ago. I think you know when you love somone, it's just a feeling you get about somone. I dunno. It's such a hard thing to describe, unless you're Ron Burgundy
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by sashki

I know what you mean with the girls on MSN. I know some 17 year olds that do that, even when they aren't in any relationship. THey just think it's "cute" to say OMG OMG LOLL!!!! I LOVE BOB OMG OMG ROFLOL!!!!1!one!!!!

And yes, I meant love with the opposite sex.

What if you like their looks AND personality, and do not want sex?

Then you're a weird mother****er.

To me, sex with the person you love is the ultimate consummation, and is more divine than any God I've heard of.
Quote by Dreadnought

To me, sex with the person you love is the ultimate consummation, and is more divine than any God I've heard of.

It's official, dready eats those he copulates with

EDIT:meh! realises there's a difference between the words "consummation" and "consumption" Before any kill joy in the pit gets whingy
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Dreadnought

God is watching you...well, you know......
I'm not sure really. I know a lot of younger teens think that they're "in love", but really aren't by anyone's standards. It's possible though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by meh!
It's official, dready eats those he copulates with

Do you ****ing follow me around?
Quote by thewho65
God is watching you...well, you know......

Yeah well, **** him, he can find his own woman.