Which boost seems the best? I need one that is touch sensitive and make the tubes sings. The MXRs seem decent.
i just bought an mxr 10 band EQ today and its amazing. its definitley worth a look
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
i vote the boosta grandebut it's about the same thing as the MXR
i just bought the grande cause it was cheaper on ebay at that one moment
I got it down to the MXR micro amp or the 401 or the Seymour Duncan booster. anyone use any?
i have an AMZ Minibooster, an Alembic Stratoblaster, an AMZ Mosfet Booster, and i've used (not in my posession anymore) an EHX LPB, and a BBE Boosta Grande.

i think the AMZ Minibooster and the EHX LPB colors the tone a little bit, giving it a bit fatter sound, i prefer the minibooster's sound more. Stratoblaster is clean. its great. AMZ Mosfet Booster i haven't wired it yet, but i'm thinking a real clean one. BBE Boosta Grande made a fender blues jr really gritty by itself. I liked it, but it's kinda expensive.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I was thinking of building one, but I wanted to see if anything else had more to offer. That Affectronix one seems decent. Saturation knob.
I dunno much about boosters but i know the MXR MicroAmp is meant to be really good and is used by lotsa pro's so its probably a good way to go
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
no. the best MXR can do with their pedal would be some kind of millenium bypass. but i don't think they do that either.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard