I have no experience with both of these, but they're both on sale at my local music store (the RP80 is selling for 55 euros, the POD for 100). Can anyone tell me if these units are any good?

A friend of mine has the POD 2.0, he loves it, and most people say the pocket POD is the same as the POD 2.0, only smaller. So I'm leaning towards the POD, also because you can hook it up to your laptop and fiddle with the presets.
But I'm sure the RP80 has some pro's. So I would like to hear your opinions =)
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
I'd suggest you try them out if possible.

Also, I haven't used either myself either (tee hee), but from hearsay I'd say POD.
I've heard some good things about the PODs which means i'd pick that because i'll never touch Digitech effects.

EDIT: I do have a question though. Does the pod work as an amp like by plugging in headphones or do you still have to plug into an amp.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Oct 27, 2007,
It'll work as an amp, I guess. Won't be too great unless you tweak it a lot, I think.
No, you can just plug headphones into the POD. In fact, I don't think you're supposed to plug an guitaramp into your POD, because then you're sound would be both affected by the POD and your amp.

PS: Not sure 'bout the headphone thing on the POD though
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
I don't think the Pocket Pod is supposed to be plugged into an amp. The other pods can be used for that, tho.
so would i need headphones or not
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by jpgilbert701
so would i need headphones or not

I own a Pocket Pod it can be plugged into an amp and it works alright doing that but it works great as a headphone amp, But I have one question for you what are you trying to use the pocket pod as a headphone amp or a or an effects proccesor. What will you be using it as mostly.
Well I was thinking of using it to play over my friends speaker set (he's a keyboard player and uses a small PA system, which sound very good), so the chain would just be guitar -> pod -> PA
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80