I'm in the market for a laptop, and today I came across one that seems really good. Not being very computer literate, I decided to ask those in the Pit who are for advice.

It's a "Medion Notebook PC." The specs (exactly what it said) are:

AMD Anthion 64 X2 TK-53 Dual-Core Processor (1.7 GHz)
"Massive" 2048 MB DDR2 SDRAM
160 GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, supports up to 320 MB Turbo Cache
15.4" WXGA bright display
8x multi-standard dual layer DVD/CD rewriter
10/100 Mbit Fast Ethernet LAN port
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
6-channel surround sound
"Extensive Software Package" including Windows Vista Home Premium
It comes with a carry case and an optical mouse "valued at $39.99"

It's listed as $599.99.

Good or not?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
What do you want to do with it, gaming ?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
The 2GB of RAM is good, if not "Massive". 1.7GHz is okay, but do you really need a 160GB harddrive?
hmm that seems like a pretty good deal to me, not really sure about the processor
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Yeah 2GB ram is ok.
Yes he does need a 160GB hard drive. Why wouldnt he?

but the only real worry there is the processor, i suggest you maybe find the next model up if they have one?? because 1.7Ghz isnt much for anything.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
It all depends what your gonna use your laptop for. That laptop would be just for basic stuff, listening to music, watching DVD's etc. If I was you I would look at a laptop with a larger amount of Ghz in the CPU, the laptop you found was 1.7ghz, I would recommend getting one of atleast 2.0, but I'm not too sure off the price difference that'll make as I'm from England.
yeah, if you want to game then get rid of that **** there. you cant do **** all on somehting like that, maybe a few ****ty games. and the memory is so small... wow, just get one with higher specs. if you want a gaming pc then you should probably either get somehting form alienware or stick with a desktop pc
It's an excellent deal, as long as your not into any hardcore usage (gaming, video editing, ...). For normal stuff it should be more than enough.
j/w do you have a link to a website that has the computer?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Isn't 1.7Ghz DUAL CORE processor quite amazing?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
Isn't 1.7Ghz DUAL CORE processor quite amazing?

...not really, plus when gaming (if thats what he wants to do) in most game one core is only used, therefore your only getting 1.7Ghz anyway.

I LOVE KENSAI
I'm really only looking into it for browsing and WoW...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Only thing not really up to par with the rest of the stuff is the video card, but I'm assuming you're not gaming. Everything else seems fine.

Edit: Dude, you should be perfectly set.
Last edited by MustangMan311 at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by PlayMadness

Well apparently you should be fine then...

Quote by From some random site

CPU Speed (Recommended): 800 MHz
Memory Size (Recommended): 256 MB
Disk Space (recommended): 4 GB

I LOVE KENSAI
So that would be good for internet browsing, word processing (Microsoft Word), Age of Empires 1&2, and World of Warcraft?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness

Then honestly I would not get something that big. The 160gb harddrive and 2 gb of ram is only going to make it annoying to move. And a 1.7ghz dual core processor is a great processor. Even one core would be faster than a single core processor with 2.0 ghz.
Quote by PlayMadness
So that would be good for internet browsing, word processing (Microsoft Word), Age of Empires 1&2, and World of Warcraft?

Should be fine then

Quote by Blues Traveler
Then honestly I would not get something that big. The 160gb harddrive and 2 gb of ram is only going to make it annoying to move. And a 1.7ghz dual core processor is a great processor. Even one core would be faster than a single core processor with 2.0 ghz.

What are you on about!? Its gonna be pretty much the same weight and size without the extra space and RAM!

It wont affect being able to move it in anyway.

I LOVE KENSAI