Looking for some ways to get a pop-punk sound. Some bands I want the sound to be like are Mayday Parade, Cartel, or anything bands that sound like that. What are some good effects to have?
I wouldnt get a Boss DS-1. I cant get a sound like the ones u listed above. its too crunchy. If u dont have a tube amp, maybe try an EHX Big muff. A Tube amp would be best.
JCM 900 will give you the starting point for the pop-punk sound, or if you're minted then a Dual Rectifier.
I have a Peavey Valveking 212. The effects I have are Danelectro FAB Flange, Chrous, Echo. I also have a Boss Super Chorus and a Boss SD-1.

I have a Fender Strat with a humbucker in the bridge, a Gibson Explorer, and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Look around and try stuff out in shops.
Electro Harmonix (EHX), Boss, Digitech, Danelectro are all good places to start.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Sovtek Big Muff...maybe 2 at different settings.

Maybe some modulation effects...chorus or flange...

Delay or reverb. Not a necessity. Delay is a cool effect to play around with. REverb gives your sound a cool ambience, even if it set ever so light.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Fool around with em and find what you like. Check the ultimate settings thread too.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell