k wtf is the difference between active pickups and passive? i no that active use batteries but what is the big difference?
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
they makes your guitars sounds less dildos

Quote by Wikipedia
Active pickups require an electrical source of energy to operate and include an electronic preamp, active filters, active EQ and other sound-shaping features. They can sometimes give much higher possible output. They also are less affected in tone by varying lengths of amplifier lead, and amplifier input characteristics. Magnetic pickups used with 'active' circuitry usually feature a lower inductance (and initially lower output) winding that tends to give a flatter frequency response curve.

The disadvantages of active pickups are the power source (usually either a battery or phantom power), cost, and less defined unique tonal signature. They are more popular on bass guitars, because of their solid tone; most high-end bass guitars feature an active pickup. Most piezoelectric and all optical pickups are active and include some sort of preamp.
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Basically, if you have a tube amp and play brutal metal, actives give a higher output, which drives the tubes harder, prooducing more brutal distortion
on tubes but play on ss and its **** coming out of speakers and the oposite with passives seriously i compared a active and a passive guitar at the same price on a small tube amp with a passive sounded not as drived and a active was like WAHH insane and could scream soo loud but has soo much hiss i hate to turn it down aswell the presence control....yes the a tube amp with a pressence control
Quote by Raziel2p
... Dildos?
skwisgar...?

metalocalypse...?

no...?

nevermind...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "