Ok, I have finally decided to get one of these two amps from a local dealer. If any has one of these, or has played one please tell me what you think of them. I haven't played them myself, but honestly, anything will do better than my current amp; I will try to compare them sometime to.

I have read the reviews on this site for both of them just now but now they only have me more torn between the two, each one had really good reviews .

Bandit Pros

Cheaper
Better than my current amp lol
Seems like a damn good amp from the reviews on here.
...can't really think of what else to put

Bandit Cons
No effects
No headphone Jack
Smaller
...don't know what else to put.

212 Pros
Effects
Bigger! Better?
Seems like a damn good amp from the reviews on here.
...don't know what else to put

212 Cons
More expensive
Effects bad for amp?
No headphone jack
...don't know what else to put.

As you can tell, I don't know too much about amps but these seem like they will do wonders for me, and anything will do better than my ****ty amp that I have now. Which one do you think I should get?

Almost forgot, I play a Schecter C1+, for my electric I play a lot of metal and shred stuff but I love cleans to and other types of music.(stuff like Eric Johnson, Megadeth, Wintersun, Marty Friedman, Ozzy, Muse, Jason Becker, and a **** load of other stuff). I know these seem good for distortion, but which do you think will cover both bases?

Thanks

Edit: ****! I forgot the poll, sorry guysl Is there any way I could put up a poll still?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Oct 27, 2007,
what is your total budget? they are both decent amps, but I have a feeling you could do better
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
My budget is around $500 more or less but I'm pretty set on getting one of these man, I'm too poor .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
for 500$ you can get a nice 15 watt tube amps. Fender Blues Jr, Crate Palo, there's really a lot of better things than the peavy at your price range
i would actually take a look at the peavey valveking 112 if i were you
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Crate Pao? Do you mean the Palomino?

Edit: Ugh, now you guys are making me have second thoughts...again!
Quote by Senor Kristian
just trying to help you make a wise decision lol. i havent tried the transtube, however I have tried the bandit. it's nice, but it's not a vast improvement over what you currently have. The valveking probably will be. and the crate, but i've never tried one
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
just trying to help you make a wise decision lol. i havent tried the transtube, however I have tried the bandit. it's nice, but it's not a vast improvement over what you currently have. The valveking probably will be. and the crate, but i've never tried one

Well you don't know what I currently have and when I mean it is ****, it is ****. It is a Fender Frontman 10 watt or 15 watt. So, trust me, it will be a VAST improvement.

I know you are trying to help make a wise decision, but what I didn't tell you was that the dude, who has decades of experience, is very good at what he does, blah blah, recommended these, so I kind of trust him.

By the way, the Bandit is in the Transtube series.

I read about the Valveking, so I'll try to check it out when I get the chance, I've heard it is pretty good.

Edit: I'll be back on later, going to a friends house
Quote by Senor Kristian
i know the bandit is in the transtube series, but the other is actually called transtube is it not? anyway point aside. I have a peavey blazer, which is in fact simply a small version of the banidt. it was my first ever amp and it lasted me 3 years. OK cleans and OK gain. but OK is all.

I can't speak for the transtube, but the vlaveking has quite good cleans and a decent up-to-hard-rock overdrive (for metal you may want an overdrive pedal)

If i'm not mistaken the peavey valveking is in a simialr porice range as the transtube, may as well go tube
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i have a transtube sitting right next to me. Honestly, the built in efx are pretty nice they dont suck as bad as i thought. Dont buy one new, you can get one for like $250-300 on ebay. ( I am selling mine $300+shipping) but i bought mine from the gc for $450 its definitly not tube but its closest thing ive played so far.

definitly go for the Transtube or for about 300-$350 you can get a Peavey classic 30, which i highly recomend over each of these. (Used)

Like in some1's sig it says

BUYING A AMP? four words:

Good, used, tube and combo.

edit:

the distortion is decent on the TT212 but if you want metal / heavey metal you'll need a pedal. (same as the CLASSIC 30.)
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Oct 27, 2007,
The trans tubes as they call them sound nothing like a tube amp. I dont know if its the speaker or the amp or both. The one I have doesnt sound good no matter what pedal I use or settings I change. For 500 bucks you can get many good amps and a few tube ones.
I've got a Transtube 110 EFX and for $300 it's pretty decent and can run with anything else in that price range, but it doesn't compare to what you could get for $500. I'd look at the palomino or atomic in that price range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I see Bandit Transtube 112s go for around $150 used occasionally. I have an older one in good shape (couple of tolex tears) w/ footswitch that I'm planning to put on Craigslist for $125. Anyone lives near Orlando could get it. They have a pretty good classic crunch on the gain channel and plenty of volume.
Yeah don't spend $500 on solid state. If you want trantube buy used, but you can get a decent tube combo for that money. Check the Valvekings and Palominos.
Ok, I know you guys are trying to help me out, but the reviews about the amps on THIS site and your opinions are contradicting each other right now . Both of these amps had about a 9-9.5 average.

As far as the Valveking, I'll check it out, I was thinking about getting that one before, when I go to compare amps all take your considerations into mind.

As far as the Palomino, isn't that only like 15 or 30 watts? I kind of want 50 watts or 100 watts...so, why the Palomino?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Palomino has a pretty nice tone for the money. You said you were poor right? Just trying to get you the best bang for your buck. If your looking for lots of watts your going to have to come up with more cash or get lucky on the used market.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Well, looks like I'm going to have a hard time choosing amps again. I'll try to try out as many of them as I can soon.

I really want something at least 30-50 watts, though, and I hope I can find something that has good distortion and decent cleans...at least until I make a BIG upgrade .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Just remember, that tube amps will sound much louder than solid states. The Peavey Valveking 112, for instance, is 50watts, and will crush a 50watt solid state. I've got the 100watt head version, and if I put it up past two, the neighbors will complain. If i put it at three, it's because I'm trying to kill them.

Try it out if you can.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Ok, I think I'll now choose between the Transtube I mentioned, the Valveking 112, or maybe a Palomino.

The Transtube is the most expensive and is SS, something you guys generally dislike, the good thing is that it comes with effects, I like to mess around with effects, and not to mention Jimmypage said the inbuilt effects didn't suck as bad as he thought.

The Valveking is cheaper, and is tube (50 watts, which is what I ideally want), but many people seem to like it. Also, because it is cheaper I could probably get a pedal and maybe even a pickup for my guitar (I have stock Duncan Designed pickups that it came with...or should I stick with them?).

The Palomino is about 30 watts, at least the minimum number of watts I want, but is said to kick the most ass for the money. I will/may need a pedal and since it is cheaper I could buy a pedal and maybe a pickup.

I will test them all out, hopefully, when I get the chance but for now what are your opinions? Thanks for all the help thus far.
Quote by Senor Kristian
No one? You all made me change my mind
Quote by Senor Kristian
Welll...I've tried a Palomino and a couple different Valvekings, and I'd say the Valveking, it does everything short of Metallica-level gain very nicely...the Palominos are nice, but I find them to be less versatile and more vintage-oriented, and you have to crank them to get a really sweet tone, plus I think they're Class A, which means they're not nearly as loud as on cranked ValveKing on full A/B mode.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
When you guys say vintage, what exactly do you mean? Scorpions sound? Iron Maiden? Megadeth?
Quote by Senor Kristian