i have this essay due in 2 days, but i'm at a complete loss when i try to write it.

here's the basic outline my teacher gave us:

Essay #1

To what extent is the Constitution a republican document?

Intro-

Identify the four components of republicanism as a political doctrine in the critical period. Discuss the importance of the federalists in persuading the populace that the Constitution was inherently republican in nature.

Thesis:

1. Must be complex in nature and begin with “although” or something similar to anticipate the antithesis

2. Must take a position

3. Must introduce upcoming arguments in the body

Body: Possible issues to discuss and analyze (make predictions and judgments)

1. Whether or not the Constitution adequately displays “popular sovereignty” and republican democracy?

2. Whether or not the Constitution creates a too powerful government capable of infringing on republican liberty

a. Separation of Powers – and the differing powers given to the branches

b. Checks and Balances – are they sufficient to restrain government

c. Why no Bill of Rights? And were the added rights sufficient?

3. Is the supposed “limited national government” really limited?

a. Amendment process, elastic clause, denied powers

4. Is the national government too powerful in relation to the states…

a. Examine federalism the Constitutional principle

b. Discuss the fact that the States have no direct role in the National government

5. Will the constitution set up an oligarchy?

Conclusion:

Make final judgments and analysis and restate thesis.

i can't use wikipedia or anything to help me because to him that's "plagiarism" and he actually cares so much he goes and checks all of the essays, and unfortunately my notes aren't helping me much. can someone please just give me some bullet point facts that i can use to write the essay?

thanks
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Just say Lincoln did it when he had sex with that african american woman. He didn't know he did it, but it got him out of trouble, so he didn't care.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
haha Captain Insano. I wanna watch The Waterboy now
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Quote by Captain Insano
Ludwig Von Mises the center for classical liberalism and the Austrian school of economics.

This web site is great for political and economic stuff. Warning: It happens to be very right wing, which may or may not be good thing in your case.

it still didn't give me the things i need to know, is there any place else i can look?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
You've got a massive list of discussion points already, talk about them. If your notes are crap then hit up a library, just reference your material.
...Bleep Bloop...