alright I didnt really see anything specific in a search so I'm going to bite the bullet with a forum...please do redirect me if this question has been answered but here we go:

(I'm switching tuning alot I know but I did this for the sake of theory) I'm in drop A and I have an 11 gauge set of strings on it currently..I've read up that their are certain specs you need to consider when setting up your guitar for ultra low tuning but nothing shows WHAT they are...whats a good setup for this style (string height etc etc, fixing your neck etc) I play things along the line of suicde silence..whitechapel..bands like that..and also..is getting a 13 gauge set of strings better for this? I'd like to have a nice tight play with the guitar..real comfortable you know? (also pickup height too what do you suggest for the "hotspot"?)

-again please do redirect me if i missed something_

_Red_
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
I'm playing B-Standard on 10-46, I dont keep it on that tuning for that long though, but its fun.
im interested in trying to get this stuff figured out myself especially since you have to shell out 40$ for a setup..kinda pricey to do little tweaks..pickup suggestions? (this is a king v btw)
Quote by noahray
get .13s and get your neck reset for the different tension. take it somewhere to get it setup if you dont know how to do that

You can get 12 gauges, though you'll have to watch out since the string wont really sit in the nut properly until the nut get rounded down by the string. OF course you dont want the action to be super high or deadly low.

Good luck!
13's are optimal for B or lower. they maintain tension an don't flop around.

as far as tensions go having 13-56 tuned to b-standard is the same as 10-46 tuned to e-standard.

its all relative. tensions only increase if you buy higher gauge strings and keep the same tuning.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Eric 666
I'm playing B-Standard on 10-46, I dont keep it on that tuning for that long though, but its fun.

Your strings much be going nuts haha.

I play in C standard with Beefy Slinky's.

For drop A i'd go with 56(+) - 12(+)
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Kivarenn82
13's are optimal for B or lower. they maintain tension an don't flop around.

as far as tensions go having 13-56 tuned to b-standard is the same as 10-46 tuned to e-standard.

its all relative. tensions only increase if you buy higher gauge strings and keep the same tuning.

yeah thats the asumption I made, great thanks!