I want an extremely portable amp to carry with me. I want something with digital effects and a CD input. I've narrowed things down to the Roland Micro Cube and the VOX DA5. I own and have played through VOX equipment, so, I'm familiar with the brand.

Any Suggestions?
They're both pretty good I think, the DA5 I think has a bigger speaker which could be good, but yeah if I were i'd just go with whichever one they both seem to be good.

If your familiar with Vox it might be easier to use that so I say DA5.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I've got a Micro Cube and love it.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I've got a Micro Cube and love it.

What do you like about it, the sound or the features? I'm going to check both out before I buy, but, I'd like people's opinions too.
All of it. It's really loud for it's size, the tone isn't unbearable...by that I mean in comparison to a real combo amp. It's not bad sounding, but it's bad compared to my Twin Reverb (obviously).

The effects are solid. The amp models are nice. THe acoustic setting is awesome. THe Stack settings are solid. THe Brit combo setting is awesome.

It can get LOUD.

It's very small, great for transporting. Gret for when you don't want to set up your rig, you just want a small practice session. It also runs on batteries.

The ONLY downside I'd say is the lack of ability to change effects without bending down, which is impossible mid song. And you can't do multiple modulation effects at once. You can do delay or reverb with a modulation, but not 2 modulations.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I'd go with the Microcube if I were you.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Go the Micro Cube. I bought a Roland Cube 60 yesterday and haven't stopped playing it. I was either going to get the RC 60 or Vox Valvetronix AD50VT and the Roland Cube was better.
I got some clips that i recorded when i bought the microcube, if you want to check it out, go to:
http://amlc.dmusic.com/
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS