I dont kno abt u but ive never thought genre of musik really matters, if the song is good then i'll put it in my mp3 and i'll look up the tabs. If u agree kool, and if u dont i dont care
Quote by Bluewolf0121
I dont kno abt u but ive never thought genre of musik really matters, if the song is good then i'll put it in my mp3 and i'll look up the tabs. If u agree kool, and if u dont i dont care

Why be such a nob about it?
genre doesnt have to matter, but im more prone to like one genre over another.
i have a better chance of liking a cool indie-rock song over a rap song, but nonetheless i have 2 rap songs on my mp3 player.
Spelling does though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
wull sumtimes genre does matter. if u leik 1 kind of musik, u want 2 listen 2 da bands of da same genre.

/fake bad typing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Genre definitely matters a hell of a lot but only when they are really broad genres. Not like Post-Punk Pre-hardcore you know not when its all too specified.

But the worst thing in the entire world is disliking a genre. If you dislike one genre of music and dont give anything a chance you're stupid. Although I find most country music unbearable to listen to, that doesnt mean i wont give it a chance. Be open to new things.
Genre is very important.
not only to make it easier to find bands that you are more than likely to enjoy, but genres also allow you to find like minded people.

admittedly there is a lot of silly subgenres in most styles of music, but thats just the way it is.

and besides, if there werent any genres how would i organise my music library?

alphabetically? chronologically? yeah right.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
sometimes it's important but sometimes you just forget about everything and just have fun with the music. personally i hate hip-hop, but i do listen to a few songs.
::type
Quote by FunkasPuck
Genre is very important.
not only to make it easier to find bands that you are more than likely to enjoy, but genres also allow you to find like minded people.

admittedly there is a lot of silly subgenres in most styles of music, but thats just the way it is.

and besides, if there werent any genres how would i organise my music library?

alphabetically?
chronologically? yeah right.

Obviously.

Otherwise, +1 on the post.
Genres are only a way of describing what the music sounds like, they're a great thing.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Well I think genre's themselves are pretty important things. When you're in the mood for a specific type of music its convenient.

But I wouldn't...not listen to something just because its of a certain genre. That's dumb. Because yes, music is music and if you think its go you should listen to it regardless of the genre.