Page 1 of 2
pantera for me, but acdc is pretty cool, just kidding. when you think about it there are alot of british bands
It is hard. I was gonna say Rush, but they're like Canadian. And (Insert Black Metal band here) is from Northern Europe.
best american band?

surely thats a similar question to whos the best minor league player?

keep it in the big leagues

keep it british =]
Sublime, Modest Mouse, etc.
take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship, my senses have been stripped.
Either Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Mars Volta, or The Doors
I would have to say Allman Brothers Band or the Grateful Dead. Both of those bands(LZ and a few others too, but most arent american) are great because every person in the band is a fanominal musician, and great at their instrument.

Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir on guitar and vocals, Phil Lesh is one of the best bassists in rock, Micky Hart is a very good and underated drummer, but they have had a few different pianists.

Then Duane Allman and Dicket Betts, the arguably best ever and another great. Berry Oakley is always rated as one of the best bassists in rock, blues and jazz. Both drummers are good, though not as highly thought of as some of the others and Greg Allman has a good voice and distinct style and is very skilled on the piano, keyboard, ect.
Quote by frusciante39
best american band?

keep it british =]

Wow...I hope you were kidding.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
I would have to say Allman Brothers Band or the Grateful Dead. Both of those bands(LZ and a few others too, but most arent american) are great because every person in the band is a fanominal musician, and great at their instrument.

Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir on guitar and vocals, Phil Lesh is one of the best bassists in rock, Micky Hart is a very good and underated drummer, but they have had a few different pianists.

Then Duane Allman and Dicket Betts, the arguably best ever and another great. Berry Oakley is always rated as one of the best bassists in rock, blues and jazz. Both drummers are good, though not as highly thought of as some of the others and Greg Allman has a good voice and distinct style and is very skilled on the piano, keyboard, ect.

cant argue with that at all sir
They Might Be Giants
The Dead Milkmen
Pavement
Primus
Sufjan Stevens
Pixies
Guided By Voices
The Polyphonic Spree
Green Day
Brand New
The Velvet Underground, The Strokes, Television, Built To Spill, Queens Of The Stone Age.
I say that they were all influenced by british bands so there is no great American band. Its all about the canadains and brits.
^ that might be the dumbest comment ive ever read in my life
all of your "british" bands were influenced/stole from the american blues.
Pearl Jam of the current bands. Of all time- the Doors/Beach Boys.
It's gonna be a blue day
The Doors

Hm....I can't think of any other "great" ones that I listen to. They're probably the best known (VU are great too though)

Ah, oh yeah, some lesser known but still good American bands: Blue Oyster Cult, Jefferson Airplane

And 1/3 of the Jimi Hendrix Experience (I'm ambivalent over counting them British or American.)
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Last edited by therussian at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by frusciante39
best american band?

keep it british =]

oh yeah cause Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer, John Frusicante, SRV, and other were British...not.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by frusciante39
best american band?

keep it british =]

Dude, first of all; check your username. Secondly, do some research.

And if that's just a ironic post, then I'm sorry for turning off my irnoy-meter.
Jawbreaker, the Minutemen, the Ramones, Blondie, Devo, Brand New
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by robnbobby129
I say that they were all influenced by british bands so there is no great American band. Its all about the canadains and brits.

Well dip****, all the British bands were influenced by the American Blues bands. So that must mean there are no great British bands(I'm making fun of him, Obviously there are great British Bands.)
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by frd_marshll
right now mewithoutYou
I forgot them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm not sure about why, but I had never realized how many great American bands there are (and have been).

My vote for best American rock band goes to The Allman Brothers Band, followed closely by My Morning Jacket.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I'm not sure about why, but I had never realized how many great American bands there are (and have been).

My vote for best American rock band goes to The Allman Brothers Band, followed closely by My Morning Jacket.

**** yeah. i like mmj a little more than ABB though
Page 1 of 2