Am I the only one who is really starting to get bugged by this. Everytime anyone ever gets depressed or upset about something everyone is always like "Stop being an emo fag!" Or if a song has any negative emotions in it (Like being suicidal or breaking up with a girl) is emo. (I guess being an Indie fan is why that last one really bugs me ) Seriously sadness is a human emotion. IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU EMO!

/rant

BTW emo sucks.
no but writing really whiny boring songs and making treads about it does lol jk about the second one
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Can we please stop having like 4 of these kinds of threads a day?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
By peoples logic these days even bob dylan was emo, I call shenanigans!
Diezel, Motherfucker
CHEER UP EMO!!!

Nah jk, yeah it gets on my nerves too sometimes, but there's being genuinely upset about something and then theres being a poseur.
Actually having emotions does make you emo, because emo is an abbreviation for emotional, they aren't different things.

OMG WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN!??!?
i'm emo but i'm happy, omg happy emotions, those scare people so much.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Actually having emotions does make you emo, because emo is an abbreviation for emotional, they aren't different things.

OMG WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN!??!?

Isn't 'emo' short for 'emotional hardcore'?
Quote by minibrowny
CHEER UP EMO!!!

Nah jk, yeah it gets on my nerves too sometimes, but there's being genuinely upset about something and then theres being a poseur.

Agreed. Yeah, people who try to be emo piss me off, but people who are genuinely upset don't deserve to be called an emo fag. That is like "The thing" in our school. Seriously being an Emo hater is nearly as cliche as being an emo now. THAT'S NOT FAIR! I WAS HATING EMO BEFORE IT WAS COOL TO HATE IT!!!!!!!!
Quote by lushacrous
Can we please stop having like 4 of these kinds of threads a day?

+82547856387857945736894678

to put it like thaty crazy **** Ian Mackaye "Emocore is kaka, all hardcore is emotional"
I EAT EMOS FOR BREAKFAST.

nah jk.
but for real.
if all you do is complain and cry, people call u an emo because you need to stfu and start doing something.
btw indie fans wear colorful shirts, u wont be called an emo if u wear colors.
and black isnt a color.
i cant think of a good sig....
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321632
There just read it.

Quote by RandyVanHendrix
/rant

BTW emo sucks.

Oh yea, I forgot your opinion is totally right and that we all care about it.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Last edited by shut_up_n00b at Oct 27, 2007,
Mate what the fuck is an aileron roll, explain yourself if you are going to assault my screen with large fonted bollocks
Diezel, Motherfucker
hey it was made up by the fasion people and hyped up by the media and the music biz and people dont understand what it is also it has evoled into a stupid steriotype of teens with problems

and mostly they dont they are pathetic and attension seeking little turds normaly

but if you fall into that steriotype and this is true seek help

good i hate media hyping steriotyping buggers
and another thing there are so many classes of people emo metal head chav greebo grunge skater who gives a flying frick just listen to diferent music or dress alittle diferent !!
Yes it does, retard.

Look, it's right there in the word.

EMO-tions.

Retard.

Now go cry and cut yourself like a pussy; all us real men will be just out here, laughing at dead puppies.

/sarcasm

Anyway, we have enough of these threads. Its actually quite suprising how many threads we have, compared to how many people on UG actually CARE about this kinda stuff. Doesn't make sense really...
Last edited by Vermintide at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by mh400nt
Mate what the fuck is an aileron roll, explain yourself if you are going to assault my screen with large fonted bollocks

This
WTF emo threads shoud be against the rules.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
also hear in england they are hated almost as much as chavs witch are yobs that are stupid and like hip hop fake RnB such as most of that **** they call music on mtv

but emo have evolved into what we hear call scene kids because they create a scene to look different and show of and it is all realy a cry out saying LOOK AT MEEEE!! so we dont liek them that much but not as much as chavs
I try to tell people this in RL and online on a daily basis. Music is based on emotions. Being emotional isn't emo.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
but hey they shure are funny to wach as they prance around like little fairys crying out LOOK AT MEE
but seriusly let people be what they wanna i dont realy cair

even though im not what u would call emo
im normal i like rock music and anything that i think sounds good to me regardless of what people think
Quote by RandyVanHendrix

Thankyou! I now understand fully why I should do an aileron roll in any given situations which may or may not warrant it!
Diezel, Motherfucker
i soo fu<ck>ing sick of this "EMO" thing, you cant call a person emo, everyone is emotional, its us being ****ing human beings for god sakes, it whats makes us the advanced life form that we are.

This whole EMO thing is bull ****, EMO is a type of music, and that music is nothing like hawthorne heights or aiden or my chemical romance, or anything u consider emo.

Emo was a type of music that was most prominent during the early/mid 90's, and it had nothing to do with wearing black clothes or slitting ur wrists. The emo music was about trying to convey the different emotions that the band and singer was playing about,
certain situations in their lives which they tried to convey through their music. ANY EMOTION< not just sad and depresed, although that hardly ever came up.

TRUE EMO and bands include, at the drive-in <mostly their early stuff>, Drive Like Jehu, Sunny Day Realestate, Murder City Devils, Fugazi.

the record acrobatic tenement album by at the drive-in is a great example. they were still a young band, not long out of high school, and they had been touring non stop previous for their first two eps.

So the album has songs about leaving your friends and family and lives behind in order to pursue their love of music,

going through all those years of school and how tough it was in the town they lived in and how mush of a relief it was to finish, how on two all all your world is is what is inside tht tour van, and that the 4 ppl around you are the only people u know and the only ppl u can rely on. there is also songs about them being racially outcast and also a song about their friend and mentor that commited suicide off a bridge, and how that effected the band.

So the album is filled with lots of diffeent of emotions and feelings that the band experienced during that time, which is exactly what an emo record should be. emo is not a type of person and is has nothing to do with being down or wearing dark make up, and the fact that so many bands today are called emo just for those reasons really piss me off. they are not emo, and they dont make emo music. end of ****ing story. i wish this emo fad would go the **** away because all you dumb ****s obviously have no ****ing idea of what emo is. **** you all
Are you all forgetting emo does not mean emotional amymore? It's like saying ghetto still means a wall section of a city with a high concentration of a certain ethnicity!

Definitions change over time. Deal with it.

Other examples of definitions changing include:
Sick
wicked
bomb
tail
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Oct 27, 2007,
by making a thread on being emo definatly makes you emo
Quote by pfizer
Okay then, let's say I've got enough food to feed Yngwie Malmsteen for a day (about 6 months for regular people).
ok...having emotions means one of two things your gay...or emo...which is the same thing...so it really only means one thing...when was the last time you saw chuck norris cry? he doesnt. or hed be emo? can imagine living in a world where chuck norris was emo? i cant...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
ok...having emotions means one of two things your gay...or emo...which is the same thing...so it really only means one thing...when was the last time you saw chuck norris cry? he doesnt. or hed be emo? can imagine living in a world where chuck norris was emo? i cant...

Hahaha
i make a thread like this and get flamed, people agree with this guy!!
wtf???
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by GiantRaven
Isn't 'emo' short for 'emotional hardcore'?

I thought it was Emotive Hardcore, but what do I know?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by figsandbobo
I thought it was Emotive Hardcore, but what do I know?

It is technically, but what's the difference?