okay so there is this guy, well call him joe. hes 19, and im only 15. but i used to be friends with his little brother and he lives in my neighborhood. recently (about july) he started telling me he was sick. some outrageous sickness about how he cant regenerate his body, he cant get enough electrolytes, and his central nervous system is messed up. (he figured all this out on his own so he says) he went to a doctor, they told him it was just anxiety or depression. he went to a psychiatrist and he says they are all wrong about what is wrong with him. hes stubborn and is convinced that his sickness is real. anyway, he always tells me about his problem(s) and he started getting suicidal saying its not worth living with his sickness. he even got as crazy as to once tell me he talked to god and god told him he would be reincarnated into a little girl named jocelynn. i let it slide then he mentioned it again and i printed off our conversation and told his mom. she was thanking me saying she had no idea, blah blah. he started telling me he was getting better. sometimes he really pisses me off though, and we get in arguments online and i completely forget about how he is suicidal. so we were arguing all about music and he thinks hes going to become a rock star, i told him hell have a rude awakening when hes 26 and realizes he wasted alot of his life trying to be a rockstar. he told me it didnt matter because he would be dead in the next year. (all of this happened about 15 minutes ago) even though we get in fights and i dont even really like the kid, i would never want him to commit suicide. so i texted his brother and told him what was going on and he needed to talk to his parents. then joe got online and was telling me thanks alot because now his dad is screaming at him..what do you think cause this whole thing is wierding me out, because he is serious about killing himself.
Chronic hypochondriac with severe mental instability?

I dunno, but tell his mom he's acting like it again and encourage her to get him some help.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i've never heard of a suicidal hypochondriac before... its interesting... but you definitely did the right thing by telling his family... just be careful about what you say to him.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
its a delusion. and people in delusions usually have alot of trouble coming out of it, bwecuase the delusion is real to them.

sorta like fundamentalist christians.
****ing hypochondriacs i reccomend 50ccs of a slap upside the head
Quote by original=punk
its a delusion. and people in delusions usually have alot of trouble coming out of it, bwecuase the delusion is real to them.

sorta like fundamentalist christians.

Wow... i salute you sir
but his dad is overreactive, and i completely believe that his dad is probably yelling and cussing at him right now because of me telling his brother. and i told him he was a hypochondriac before, but he told me he definatly wasnt. here is a conversation he had with another one of my friends to give you an example of him..

Jxx24: i'm really messed up. i'm having major problems with mental functioning. I'm going to give it a little whie longer and see if it gets better, if it doesn't, then i may have to jump ship
JMxxx724: do u understand?
zaxxx35: jump ****p?
JMxxx24: if i can't recover from this, i may have to take my own life
zaxxxxn35: dude
zaxxxn35: manm
zaxxxn35: dont do that
zaxxx35: seriously
zabxxxx35: i thought you were gonig to the doctor
JMx24: yea, we're making an appointment. and my dad finally said he would see if he could take me to a neurologist
zabxxxxxn35: see man it will get better he will have all the anwsers
zaxxxxan35: dont kill yourself tho do u have any idea how that will mess up your family especially robbie
JMxxx24: i'm going to give it some time to see if all this stuff gets better
zaxxxxn35: how much time
JMxxx724: i don't know
zabxxxn35: dude serioulsy dont kill yourself think what that would do to your parents and brother mently they will be messed up for life
zxxxan35: mentally
Jxxx724: dude, i've never suffered so much in my life. These aren't psychological problems or panic attacks i'm having. I'm having problems with mental function.
zabxxxan35: ok dude stay on i gotta go check the mail real quick brb
zaxxxxan35: iok
zaxxxx35: dude how would u kill youself
JMoxxx724: stab myself
zaxxxn35: dude
zabxxx35: dont kill yourself man
zxxn35: what about you music
zaxxxn35: wouold u just thow that away
JMxxxxs724: i can't play as well, i can't concentrate, i can't write
Jxxx724: i feel crippled
zabxxxxx35: thats no reason to kill youself
JMxxxx4: it's not just that
JMxxx724: that's not even the main thing
zaxxxxn35: how long are you gunna wait to see if it gets better
JMxxxx724: i'd like to try to hold out a couple months
zabxxxxn35: whats the main thing
JMxx724: the way i'm functioning mentally. I have to constantly remind myself what i'm doing, everything blinks in and out
zxxn35: dude really do not kill youself you just gunna thow your life away of everything you accomplished and been threw and you just gunna throw all that away
zxxxn35: never see your family or friends again
JMorris724: i'm going to see if i get better. if i don't, then there's no poing
JMxx724: *point
JMxxx724: i just don't get why god would do such an awful thing to a such a nice like me.
zaxxxn35: dude it will get better everyone has to go threw some **** in life
Jxxxx24: why can't i go through the same stuff as everyone else. why did god choose me. i wouldn't wish what i have onto my worst enemy
zaxxxn35: dude dont worry the doctor will be able to help you
zaboman35: it will get better
JMxx24: i hope so
JMxxx24: cuz if it doesn't get better, then there's no point. i won't have the energy or concentration to accomplish much at all in life or be able to enjoy anything.
zaxxx35: dont you feel like its gotten better tho over the months
JMxx24: it started off so bad, it couldn't have gotten worse, it had to get better
zabxx5: yea you have already been threw the worse all it can do is get better
JMxx24: back in June I never would have envisioned this. I was so excited about my future. I had crappy job at Fazoli's and was the best ****ing keyboardist on the planet, that's all I knew, and that's all I needed
JMoxx724: and with a small puff of smoke it was all gone. there were so many days i spent throwing up and crying when all this started. now i can't cry anymore, i just don't have it in me
zabxx35: dude at least you have something to look forward to your finally gunna get the help you need just keep thinking positive
Jxxx724: maybe
JMoxx24: i hope it gets better
zaboman35: it will
JMxxxx24: but i gotta go eat dinner see ya later
zabxxxxxan35: k later man
JMorxxx724 signed off at 5:14:38 PM.
If this where any other time of the day I would offer advice, but while I was reading your post the words changed into a huge pair of roller skates.

oh..and heres when and why he thinks it started, me and my friend (the one in the convo above) were going to smoke some pot, and he asked if he could come. he was normal back then. he decided he wasnt going to smoke, and me being a little stoner i thought it would be funny i blew some smoke in his face. he thinks that his body didnt have enough electrolytes to fight the toxins in the smoke and that is what ruined him. he said 'the next day when i woke up i was in hell'
it could be the whole electrolytes thing but i seriously, highly doubt that. you're doing the right thing by trying to help him. he'll appreciate it later.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by nine01n
oh..and heres when and why he thinks it started, me and my friend (the one in the convo above) were going to smoke some pot, and he asked if he could come. he was normal back then. he decided he wasnt going to smoke, and me being a little stoner i thought it would be funny i blew some smoke in his face. he thinks that his body didnt have enough electrolytes to fight the toxins in the smoke and that is what ruined him. he said 'the next day when i woke up i was in hell'

...wow.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
i know..ive argued with him about that part of the story forever..and then he once told my friend it was because he drank too much water when he was younger. like this is terrible to say but i would feel better if he was locked up, at least i would know he wouldnt kill himself. but im hoping he will get out of it. he thinks hes getting better by drinking lots of gaterade and eating a high protein diet, i didnt argue, i told him if it works it works and to keep doing it.
he'll get better, physically but you and his family have to help him get better mentally. that's all you can do right now because it seems like he's already working on getting better physically.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
has he just fried his brain on drugs maybe,i mean i dont know i'm just throwing that out
he seems pissed that god did this to him,judging by the convo.tell him that this is just another challenge in life,and someday he'll be stronger becuz of it
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
no, he doesnt do drugs. heres another conversation showing how he thinks its my fault for blowing marijuana in his face one night,.
JMoxxxx4 (9:51:41 PM): the stuff that's been going on with me has been happening since i was 12 1/2, you can't honestly tell me that at 12 years of age i had depression or some **** like that.
nixxn (9:52:01 PM): yes but you have to say you are not the same person you were 7 years ago
nixxxn (9:52:06 PM): im not talking about growing up
nixxx1n (9:52:18 PM): but when you were 15-16 you werent moping and always feeling down
nine01n (9:52:29 PM): you were sitting in your room listening to blink182 with me and chris
JMxxx24 (9:55:46 PM): i know, things got really weird around spring/summer time, and i know it sounds dumb, but after the whole marijuana incident something happened. I mean if i was that vulnerable this **** was probably going to happen to me anyways, but something weird definitely happened.
nine01n (9:56:04 PM): i understand you have a problem and i dont want to get all angry again, but there is really no 100% no way at all that marijuana did anything
You did the right thing.
I tip my hat to you.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.