So, what is your opinion on this "overheating" issue? Have you had any previous experience with an overheated DSL401? Is it a good first tube amp? Oh yeah, might also want to mention that it's 600 dollars at my guitar store, much cheaper then the ones online. Some users say that the overheating is horrible, and some say they haven't had any problems. In fact, one YouTube user says:

"the dsl401 overheating problems were sorted out in the late 2003 models i think, iv never had a problem with mines"

So what do you think about this? I abosolutely LOVE the Marshall tone, and goes great with my bands like AC/DC and GNR. I'm also considering a Valveking112 or 212, but I'd like more information on this Marshall first.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm not getting it now, maybe in a year or so. A Roland Cube 30 will have to substitute it for a while.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Last edited by TheReFiller at Oct 27, 2007,
Mine sometimes gets warm around the front compressor, but it never even comes close to overheating
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Its true. I ran that amp thru some hard **** and still stood strong. Great first tube amp imo!
Great first tube amp, as long as you don't pay the Musiciansfriend price, $1000 is too much, IMO.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
i've had no problems with mine. then again, i just bought it (used) a bit under 2 months ago..
i've heard that pre-2004 models came had a cheap power resistor that would often, after a bit of playing, screw around with the od channel switching. i'm not sure if the pre-2004 models were made with many other cheaper parts that could've/did lead to overheating, but i have hard of the overheating problem. mine was built in late 2004 and i've had zero problems. i'm actually selling mine, though locally, and only because i haven't been able to produce the tones i'm looking for.
Oh yeah, and how long will it last? Will it satisfy my inner tube-ness sound for a few years (maybe like, 4 years sounds accurate)
Quote by SloppyJoseph
So, what is your opinion on this "overheating" issue? Have you had any previous experience with an overheated DSL401? Is it a good first tube amp? Oh yeah, might also want to mention that it's 600 dollars at my guitar store, much cheaper then the ones online. Some users say that the overheating is horrible, and some say they haven't had any problems. In fact, one YouTube user says:

"the dsl401 overheating problems were sorted out in the late 2003 models i think, iv never had a problem with mines"

QUOTE]

sounds like something i put on youtube, and yes as far as i know the overheating problems were sorted out a few years ago, it still gets hot on the front but from what i hear all tube amp heat up, i run a fan behind mines just to make sure though (when i remember to turn it on)
Thanks!

But anyone got anything on my other question? (the one 2 posts above this one)
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Don't mean to hijack the thread....but I've heard Marshall DSL401's have tonesucking effects loops...anyone know if this is true?
Yeah, I want to wonder the same thing. I want to know as much as possible about this amp before I consider buying it.
Quote by SloppyJoseph