Page 1 of 2
....or that my photography skills/camera quality sucks.

In typical UG style, I received a box in the mail today:

There was a pedal inside...

There was an inside of the pedal...

It's pedal #292...

I'm still getting the hang of it. I brought it to band practice today. The boost side was huge for my solo-ing. Yes, even my solo-ing. With the boost knob at the 11 o'clock position, it doubles the guitar's volume. Super crisp in the treble position. It's a wet dream with the AC30. That "like taking the blanket off your amp" line you hear about the OCD, I'd describe the boost the same way. Pure definition.

The fuzz side is all gemanium goodness. Super thick and creamy and warm. A whole different vibe from the Fuzz Factory, which is more of an in your face kinda fuzz. This one rolls off real sweet with the guitar's volume knob.

I need to put in more playing time with it, but so far it's love...
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
mm that sounds heavenly.

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Clips or it didnt happen.

thats real nice Slats, i was looking at one of those a while back.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I knew it was going to be the Sun Lion when I clicked on this. I hate you because your new pedal is so beautiful.

Ben
Quote by mr_hankey
"We dopedal sright"

How about some soundclips?

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by mr_hankey
"We dopedal sright"

How about some soundclips?

Hey, he never said anything about their spelling.
Hi, I'm Peter
Come on slats, put some clips up. How much it set you back?
^^,^^^ I should ask him about it, but I currently believe he does that on purpose. If you look at the box, the "L" and "N" in "Analog.man" are kinda messed up, too. Like maybe if all the stamped printing is perfect, you've probably got yourself a counterfiet pedal... ?

edit: I should definitely get up some clips. I have a great recorder, and should finally put the damn thing to use. I'll probably be recording my band with it in the next week or two, as they want to put together a CD to distribute to clubs. Once I do that, I'll put some of those band clips on my profile here, as well as some gear clips.

Was playing with it today for a while. I really dig it!

Oh... and it's $325 direct from Analog.man.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at Oct 29, 2007,
awesome!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Can't read the transistors, what kind are in there?
Does it get noisy with both engaged?
How much gain does the treble booster have?

...and so the interrogation begins.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Hey, he never said anything about their spelling.

sweet pedal slats...so...what is the usual amp budget on UG then?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Roc8995
Can't read the transistors, what kind are in there?
Does it get noisy with both engaged?
How much gain does the treble booster have?

...and so the interrogation begins.

I'll refer you here for the specs. Basically, it's supposed to be true to the original Rangemaster on the boost side, and the Fuzz Face on the fuzz side. Not too noisy, although my set-up is. They claim the boost doubles perceptible volume at the 11 o'clock mark. I believe it. It's really a true treble boost. The gain comes from the amp being pushed, not from the pedal. It's a very clean boost by itself. Very, very interactive with the volume control on the guitar.

Quote by hendriko

sweet pedal slats...so...what is the usual amp budget on UG then?

"I need an amp with enough gain to play melodic death satan worshipping math metal, but have pristine cleans for when I play with my church group. It has to be at least 100W, and a halfstack. I have about $250 to spend but I can stretch it to $300 for something really good."

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
"I need an amp with enough gain to play melodic death satan worshipping math metal, but have pristine cleans for when I play with my church group. It has to be at least 100W, and a halfstack. I have about $250 to spend but I can stretch it to $300 for something really good."

make it a full stack and you win

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^^

Turn off auto-focus!

Sweet pedal, Slats.

I can't wait to hear you and your band .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by slatsmania
I'll refer you here for the specs. Basically, it's supposed to be true to the original Rangemaster on the boost side, and the Fuzz Face on the fuzz side. Not too noisy, although my set-up is. They claim the boost doubles perceptible volume at the 11 o'clock mark. I believe it. It's really a true treble boost. The gain comes from the amp being pushed, not from the pedal. It's a very clean boost by itself. Very, very interactive with the volume control on the guitar.

Someone really need to sig that.
Quote by slatsmania

Make sure you buy new, cause used amps are the worst deal, the OD also has to be crushing...

Sounds like a great pedal, never heard of Analogman before looking forward to the sound clips.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
...erm...sorry for my naievity but...what is it? a fuzz? boost? that seems to be what i've picked up...
looks sweet though. I want clips
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by slatsmania

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm more of a fan of the:

"Hey guys, I'm looking at [insert generic bland overpriced SS half stack here]. What do you think of it? Even though I'm asking for your opinion and advice, I will get very defensive when you tell me how much it sucks, ignore all of your advice, buy the amp I'm looking at, and make fun of your manhood in the process. I will then return a few months later looking to upgrade my amp and hope that nobody remembers me from before."
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll

"Hey guys, I'm looking at [insert generic bland overpriced SS half stack here]. What do you think of it? Even though I'm asking for you opinion and advice, I will get very defensive when you tell me how much it sucks, ignore all of your advice, buy the amp I'm looking at, and make fun of your manhood in the process. I will then return a few months later looking to upgrade my amp and hope that nobody remembers me from before."

yes! that's it in one.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by FacingUsAll

"Hey guys, I'm looking at [insert generic bland overpriced SS half stack here]. What do you think of it? Even though I'm asking for you opinion and advice, I will get very defensive when you tell me how much it sucks, ignore all of your advice, buy the amp I'm looking at, and make fun of your manhood in the process. I will then return a few months later looking to upgrade my amp and hope that nobody remembers me from before."

Even funnier is that if the same user had only searched, wait not even searched but looked a few threads down they would know that the *insert generic bland overpriced SS half stack here* wasn't a good amp at all.

Seriously with the bashing so many MG's take whenever I see a thread of someone asking if it's good, I just want to link them to results for "Marshall MG"...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Congrats on the pedal, slats. If you decide you don't like it anymore PM me, and i'll give you my address so you can send it to me as long as you pay for shipping.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
and i am making a fuzz face soon!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by FacingUsAll

Quote by forsaknazrael
Tis a Fuzz Face + Rangemaster.

Fuck me blind. That sounds like the greatest thing since...well, anything!
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by muffinman123192
Why doesn't Dan post his "Every time an MG is bought, God kills a puppy." pic anymore?

I gave up on the "howz ths ampzor?" and posting the MG Halfstack bullshit long ago my friend.

I actually forgot about that picture, i'll make sure i use it next time i get the chance
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by slatsmania

Quote by FacingUsAll

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by FacingUsAll

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by FacingUsAll

haha

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Slats, where be those clips? Yarrrrr.
Quote by utsapp89
Page 1 of 2