my friend has your guitar 1...and its a beast..i dont think it matters that much
putting emgs in it will make it guitar 2 its the same thing
so if you want the EMGs then get gui9tar 2...but if you dont want to put emgs in there then just get guitar 1
both great guitars for metal
Guitar 1 has a mahogany body...
while guitar 2 has a basswood body
I personally prefer the sound of mahogany but like you might not...
so if you swap out the p/ups in guitar 1 then you will have a real beast in your hands
but you really dont need to in my opinion...
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
forget them both just buy a dean if u want metal and rig it with some custom dimebag humbuckers
ummm no ibanezs are better than deans and dimebuckers aren't that great...
but...
ESPs are worth looking into if not Ibanez
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
RG321 by general consensus will fare better with EMGs (if you're one of them chugga chugga fans). Since the RGT is about three times the price of the 321, getting the latter and replacing the pickups is a good idea.

And no, the neckthrough will not give you tonnes more sustain.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
my friend has your guitar 1...and its a beast..i dont think it matters that much
putting emgs in it will make it guitar 2 its the same thing
so if you want the EMGs then get gui9tar 2...but if you dont want to put emgs in there then just get guitar 1
both great guitars for metal

well, heres the thing....i want a good guitar but since i cant afford guitar 2 (800$) i was thinking about buying guitar 1 and swaping out stocks with EMGs when i can afford them :-) was wondering if this would make guitar 1 as good as 2??

so my real question is, is guitar 2 the same thing as guitar 1 with better PUPs?
Go with guitar 1, and swap the pups if you want. You might want to look into the DiMarzio D Activators, no batties required.
k, so guitar 1 with PUPs equivalent to guitar 2 is pretty much the same thing?
Quote by otniel01
k, so guitar 1 with PUPs equivalent to guitar 2 is pretty much the same thing?
Not really.

Guitar 1= Mahogany, Crappy pups(but can be upgraded to whatever you want)
Guitar 2= Basswood, Active Pups(Kinda iffy, some people swear by em, some hate them)
Quote by FRDesign
Not really.

Guitar 1= Mahogany, Crappy pups(but can be upgraded to whatever you want)
Guitar 2= Basswood, Active Pups(Kinda iffy, some people swear by em, some hate them)

so are you saying guitar 1 with better PUPs is better than guitar 2

oh and isnt mahogany supposed to be better than basswood?
Quote by otniel01
so are you saying guitar 1 with better PUPs is better than guitar 2

oh and isnt mahogany supposed to be better than basswood?
Yes. I would rather have Guitar 1, with some Dimarzio Evolutions or Breeds.
i just noticed an ibanez called the RGEX1 its 20$ more than the rg321, which do you recommend?

btw i couldnt find the RGex1 on the ibanez site, just musiciansfriend