dunlop, right? aren't those similar to ultex? idk, but ultex seem fine to me. do you know the difference between jazz iii and other dunlop picks?
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
it feels easier for me
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
i play faster with them but when it comes to sweep picking it feels like my fingers are dead weight holding me back. maybe its cuz the pick is so small. anyone ever use the XL jazz III?
i think the orange tortex dunlops are better for sweeping, but its impossible for me to pinch with them
i use the blue tortex...they are aweum for the shred and pinches are crazy easy with them
so id use those, it doesnt affect sweeping ability
and i can almost do 5 strings at fast speed with them
i use yellow tortex and they are great too, greens are good too but i cant pinch with them, so i stick more with yellows cuz tey allow me to do anything.

i will try the blue one like berys to see what they are like
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I use Jazz III's for everything, so obviously I like them for sweeping, but why would it be any harder than any other pick, sweeping is fairly difficult, but if you can sweep well, it souldn't matter what picks you are using.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I hate sweeping, I've practised a bit at it, but it's seems pretty hard to me... I can manage just picking normally at some sweeping parts. I use Jimmy Big Stubby 3mms.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
kinda random and has nothing to do with this but Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home is in Rock Band! i think that's pretty awesome for them, even if i don't play the game. i'd rather play a real guitar, or normal videogames but not a mix of both.
Last edited by Sound Mind at Oct 27, 2007,
That song is sooo easy.

Edit: On real guitar.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Sound Mind
kinda random and has nothing to do with this but Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home is in Rock Band! i think that's pretty awesome for them, even if i don't play the game. i'd rather play a real guitar, or normal videogames but not a mix of both.

what does that have to do with this?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
what does that have to do with this?

he said it doesnt have anything to do with this...wow wat an idot
its like someones talking bout halo 3 and out of nowhere someone esle diceides to talk about i cant belive its not butter....wtf is wrong with you...<_<
(not you, person i quoted, the person you quoted)
The easiest picks for me to sweep with is the Big Stubby 2.0s. Jazz 3's are pretty easy to sweep with too because they're so direct, have a lot of attack, and aren't bulky.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Fryer Mike
I hate sweeping, I've practised a bit at it, but it's seems pretty hard to me... I can manage just picking normally at some sweeping parts. I use Jimmy Big Stubby 3mms.

Dude keep practicing, it's a very hard skill.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I can sweep with a 3 mm Big Stubby, so a Jazz probably wouldn't be any harder. I like 'em big.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Yeah man, i've had a bit of trouble with em too but not sweeeping pretty much in general. they feel too thick, i've now transfered to Dunlop H3's (the green ones, .80something mm's) they're not as thick and bulky as the Jazz's, kinda smoother too IMO. try those, i had to try lots of different picks ever since i switched over to the smaller ones as opposed to the normal sized ones. know what i mean. anyways hope that helps
it's....fairly easy.
Actually i can sweep better with it

Seriously, i can't use a normal pick now thanks to that thing...
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
it's....fairly easy.
Actually i can sweep better with it

Seriously, i can't use a normal pick now thanks to that thing...

Isn't it funny how different picks do that?

I use Wedgie picks for rthym, and Jazz III's for lead, and it makes a normal pick weird for me. I always feel like I'm holding it wrong.