Page 1 of 3
What are they like?

Weird question but i always image a cross between american pie and super Sweet 16.

I just wanna compare to UK house parties.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
There are unicorns and lions and flying monkeys.
Occasionally someone gets stabbed with a trident.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319

I saw that!
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Here in New Zealand, we kill the home owners pets and rape all the woman. If thats any help.
I dont know about american parties, but Canadian ones kick total ass.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The main difference, as far as I can see (from movies ) is that in America, everyone from your school comes wether you want them to or not; and are incredibly rude to say they are in your home. Also, they have those gay plastic cups for beer. Fags.
Quote by Vermintide
The main difference, as far as I can see (from movies ) is that in America, everyone from your school comes wether you want them to or not; and are incredibly rude to say they are in your home. Also, they have those gay plastic cups for beer. Fags.

haha yeah that sounds about right. lots of the time they do drugs too, and even when someone's stupid and ODs, they keep doing them anyway. faggits. i've never been to a party, and i never plan to.
Quote by Vermintide

everyone can come as long as it doesnt throw off the male to female ratio...whats wrong with plastic cups?
Last edited by echofreak at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by MedicreDemon

I saw that!

that escalated quickly
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by echofreak
dumb people, ****ty music, slutty chicks, beer pong

That's pretty much it, right there.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Honestly, house parties with the international kids > American house parties. I don't mean to sound like an international student snob but honestly, wtf?

There's always lousy music playing, and people are blind drunk. These are both fine but the worst part is seeing the blind drunk people dance together, it looks so bad. Unfortunately this is all there is. The lights are on, everybody just keeps drinking until there's vomit somewhere. Inevitably they have to disturb the neighbors, the cops come and the whole thing has to break up.

Whereas at the international house parties, there's kickass music, lights are low, people hanging out then there's always the dancing area which is never empty of course. And they know how to dance. Even when they're drunk. Yeah there's drinking, and yeah people are drunk, but nobody being obnoxious and stupid wasted, thinking they're hilarious. People are just eased up and chilling.

Maybe it's cause most other countries don't have the drinking limits as are in the US so there's not as much of the indulgence as there is on part of Americans.
it's all about Kid n Play here in da states
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
My band actually played at a party today. In America! I guess it wasnt that much of a house party cause we played outside though. It was insane, people actually moshed to us. And then when I was moshing to the other band I got punched in the face.

So that's what American parties are like. Getting punched in the face.
Quote by Brain245

So that's what American parties are like. Getting punched in the face.

and drinking. never forget the drinking.
i love the expert opinions on American parties from 1. Brits and 2. Americans that don't party

never base your opinion of america on hollywood/mtv. it's bull****.

all the parties are different, it depends on the occasion (football afterparties, dance afterparties, having a party for the purpose of partying, etc.).

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by bluephyre
so do you Americans always drink beer out of those plastic cups? why?

we have these things called kegs. you buy beer in bulk basically i don't know if they have them all over or not but its alot cheaper then buying bottles and cans.
I wouldn't know, i'm not cool enough to go.

I would imagine they have large ice sculptors of dragons...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Vermintide

Correct. We don't make much sense around here

Kegs, Those colored plastic cups, Lots of beer pong, keg stands, tippy cup, music, and tons and tons of noise/yelling/talking.

thats it in a nutshell.

oh and breaking stuff..there's always something broken.
Is it true that in the states kids are arrested for underage drinking?
^ I know a few kids who have gotten tickets, but not arrested. Usually we get the hell out of a party if cops show up.

I just went to this guys party. It was pretty gay. There were about 40 guys and 5 girls. No alcohol, no weed, no chicks throwing themselves at guys. Parental supervision sucked ass.

Most other house parties Ive been to have invovled a bunch of drunk kids making out and doing other stuff.

What do yall do in the UK?
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Quote by echofreak
everyone can come as long as it doesnt throw off the male to female ratio...whats wrong with plastic cups?

tastes better from the bottle, but you do gotta love them red cups
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Booze, dancing, really... really bad music, booze, the occasional good song, slutty girls, drugs, booze, people taking advantage of passed out women, usually last until they run out of booze, and booze.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
i have been to ONE party where people put the beer in cups (when not playing beer pong).
but yeah, lots of drinking, and rap. other than that...yeah
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
fights, broken furniture, alcohol, sex, unnecessary drama, ugh why do i party so much
Why would someone make a house party a la americana?
A lot of people you don't know come to your house and loot small things, people break your stuff, they puke all over the place, and then YOU have to clean up the mess. Also, you have to pay for the beer.

Here in Argentina you bring friends only if you are allowed, and also everyone has to take something with him (food or drink) to serve it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by zeppelinpage4
I wouldn't know, i'm not cool enough to go.

I would imagine they have large ice sculptors of dragons...

yeah, its usually winged dragons too.

just keep being jealous.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Dont forget about running away from the cops. If cops come (and they will) you run the **** out of the back door and keep running till you drop
Quote by iceman_8319

Don't forget the pink plastic flamingos!
the parties here are however lame or extreme the host allows them to be (until the crowd takes over, doesn't get too outa hand though) i don't understand you foreigners aversion to plastic cups though, there just kind of the cliche drinking cup for parties. i'm surprised no ones mentioned hookups though, lots of people look for bedrooms, and lots of unlucky hosts have to clean up condoms/wrappers.

someone said that the person whose house it is has to pay for all the beer, that's not true at all. usually cuz they're letting a ****load of people in, someone else is more than happy to supply beer, also many people just have you pay a couple dollars when you come in ($5 or less, minor cost to me, but it adds up)
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Last edited by rhcpwhitey at Oct 28, 2007,
Everything to be said about american parties has been said except the difference between a college house party and a high school house party. College . High School But I want to knoe what house parties are like in the UK. So lets hear it.
Quote by rhcpwhitey
the parties here are however lame or extreme the host allows them to be (until the crowd takes over, doesn't get too outa hand though) i don't understand you foreigners aversion to plastic cups though, there just kind of the cliche drinking cup for parties. i'm surprised no ones mentioned hookups though, lots of people look for bedrooms, and lots of unlucky hosts have to clean up condoms/wrappers.

someone said that the person whose house it is has to pay for all the beer, that's not true at all. usually cuz they're letting a ****load of people in, someone else is more than happy to supply beer, also many people just have you pay a couple dollars when you come in ($5 or less, minor cost to me, but it adds up)

Who the hell actually pays for american beer? It's like having sex in a canoe... fucking close to water
Quote by bassplayer33333
Sinisa Rules all.

Quote by zbest
That is part of the reason that the mafia does so much drug trafficing, its so they wont die of hunger because they dont have anything.
All the American parties I go to are usually outside, and end up in bonfires, beer pong on plywood tables, and wrestling or fighting someone at some point or another. Maybe those are just redneck parties. Still, thats 90% of the parties I've been to. Any other is just like 6 or 7 buddies sitting around listening to music, watching a movie, or playing PS2.

EDIT: Any true house party I have been to has been lots of ****ty beer, beer pong, and people passing out in any available chair, couch, bed, or floor space. Then everyone has to clean up in the morning.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Last edited by vicd08 at Oct 28, 2007,
Page 1 of 3