I have already done best American band and might as well do a follow up to it, so here it is.For me it would Led Zeppelin.I am also going to make a Best Australian band thread.
I have quite a few i just think ima throw Def Leppard in the mix...allong with everything you guys have already said <3.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^
ummmm...

Iron Maiden

plus all the others mentioned before (except def lepard :P dont fancy them much)
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
Quote by The_lizard_king
Pink Floyd

+1
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by GiTJaMmEr
ummmm...

Iron Maiden

plus all the others mentioned before (except def lepard :P dont fancy them much)

lol...i dunno...i like def leppard....just me i guess... :|
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^
judas priest
made so cool stuff
but iron maiden is what made me play bass...sooooooo
iron maiden ftw
Definitely a tough decision, so many great bands from Britain.

I'd have to say the Clash. Not the most musically complex, but the Jones/Strummer combination made some of my favorite music and to this day I love listening to all of their tunes.
take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship, my senses have been stripped.
there are a lot of great bands from britain.

the who
queen
the beatles
led zeppelin
the clash
::type
17 posts for the Beatles to come up? Something is wrong here
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
The Beatles
The Clash
The Buzzcocks
The Who
The Jam (I think they were British)
The Smiths
Queen
Radiohead
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Smiths maybe. At least from what I listen to the most from Britain...
But I guess Sabbath are good too.
Quote by therussian
17 posts for the Beatles to come up? Something is wrong here

No, not really. On the contrary. The whole Beatles-are-the-best-band-ever-thing is just tiresome. If people actually think that because it's their favourite band, fair enough, but I hate people who say that because "that's the way it is".

Personally it's probably a draw between The Smiths, My Bloody Valentine and The Libertines. The Stone Roses and Pink Floyd are up there too, but just not quite.
Quite obviously The Beatles

"No, not really. On the contrary. The whole Beatles-are-the-best-band-ever-thing is just tiresome. If people actually think that because it's their favourite band, fair enough, but I hate people who say that because "that's the way it is".

Personally it's probably a draw between The Smiths, My Bloody Valentine and The Libertines. The Stone Roses and Pink Floyd are up there too, but just not quite."

I see what you mean, but The Beatles are my Favorite band and i sometimes hear people say taht The Beatles are the best although they don't listen to them or have any of their albums where-as i do listen and have all of there albums .
How come you didn't mention The Velvet Underground?
Last edited by kidsilcon at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by kidsilcon
How come you didn't mention The Velvet Underground?

They are American. Otherwise, I woulda.
Quote by European Son
No, not really. On the contrary. The whole Beatles-are-the-best-band-ever-thing is just tiresome. If people actually think that because it's their favourite band, fair enough, but I hate people who say that because "that's the way it is".

Personally it's probably a draw between The Smiths, My Bloody Valentine and The Libertines. The Stone Roses and Pink Floyd are up there too, but just not quite.

1+ about The Beatles... It's like that just the way it is and people don't care about what's real and what's not... I mean, listen to The Beatles... What's so goddamn special with them?...
Quote by European Son
They are American. Otherwise, I woulda.

Oh yes i forgot this thread was about British bands, how foolish of me.
Other than the ones mentioned (queen/Floyd/Beatles/Radiohead) I personally would add Oasis. Mind you, thats mostly going by their early work.
Quote by Abe
Other than the ones mentioned (queen/Floyd/Beatles/Radiohead) I personally would add Oasis. Mind you, thats mostly going by their early work.

+1

Love for Oasis. At least the first two albums.
Quote by Abe

i completely forgot about them.
::type