Page 1 of 2
THATS RIGHT! I just got a sweet Marshall MG FULL STACK!!!!!!!

I saved up about $700 for a new amp. It took me a few long months but I finally did it. I went to Guitar Center last night and this one really cool guy helped me. He said that he was in a signed band and he used MGs as his main amp. I told him that I want to start a metal band I have been playing for almost a year and he told me that the MG was one of the best amps for metal. I played it once and it sounded great, way better than my dads vintage fender piece of **** (I think its like a reverb deluxe or something like that).

I played the half stack and was BLOWN AWAY!. The distortion was so awesome and so freaking loud I just had to get it. and the amount of fx is mindblowing! I mean why would someone ever buy so many pedals when you can just get an amp with built in effects?.

Now here comes the best part, the price tag on it was $575 i think. Basically it was the MG100HDFX head and the 410A (or maybe its 12) cabinet. He offered me a second cab, the MG412B for half the price! So I ended up paying only about $750!!!!

I am so happy right now. The amp sounds incredible, and for the price, its ahhhhmazing!

I will c if I can post pics soon

anyone else have an mg FULL STACK?

xifr edit: THE OVERDRIVE IS CRUSHING
tisk tisk... and dissing your fathers quality fender while at it? for shame

you could have gotten an orange tt or a ceriatone clone and gotten a good marhallesque sound... but that oppotunity is gone
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I call bull****. It sounds like this guy is trying to be funny. If not:
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by TurnItUpTo11

I saved up about $700 for a new amp. It took me a few long months but I finally did it. I went to Guitar Center last night and this one really cool guy helped me. He said that he was in a signed band and he used MGs as his main amp. I told him that I want to start a metal band I have been playing for almost a year and he told me that the MG was one of the best amps for metal. I played it once and it sounded great, way better than my dads vintage fender piece of **** (I think its like a reverb deluxe or something like that).

I played the half stack and was BLOWN AWAY!. The distortion was so awesome and so freaking loud I just had to get it. and the amount of fx is mindblowing! I mean why would someone ever buy so many pedals when you can just get an amp with built in effects?.

Now here comes the best part, the price tag on it was $575 i think. Basically it was the MG100HDFX head and the 410A (or maybe its 12) cabinet. He offered me a second cab, the MG412B for half the price! So I ended up paying only about $750!!!!

I am so happy right now. The amp sounds incredible, and for the price, its ahhhhmazing!

obviously sarcasm.
Quote by TurnItUpTo11

You....are a noob.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
well he idd just join so maybe he didnt get the memo
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

uhh have you ever played a full tube amp?

I hate to break it to you but MG's totally suck. My good friend had the MG100 and i had the mg30 or 15. 100 watts of Soild isnt that loud. You should hear like my peavey 5150 cranked to about 5 it would blow the mg outta this world.

Take that peaice of SH!T back before they wont take it back.

And WHY Would you diss a good amp over a marshall MG?

You have no clue about anything
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by kosmic
I call bull****. It sounds like this guy is trying to be funny. If not:

I was just thinking that. If he is serious he will find out what good tone is after the MG blows up. The sweetest tone ever is the sound of a dying MG. Because deep down you know that it dying was the best thing for it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
i got mg30
it's about the same thing
it sux compared to line 6 spider 3 150w stack
if u really wanted effects built into ur amp, u should've got that
and ull need a distortion pedal for a metal band
mg alone cannot do much
thats the funniest thing ive heard today.... the only thing that was missing was

"the overdrive is crushing!!"

... now i cant go to sleep
Quote by jackson soloist
i got mg30
it's about the same thing
it sux compared to line 6 spider 3 150w stack
if u really wanted effects built into ur amp, u should've got that
and ull need a distortion pedal for a metal band
mg alone cannot do much

Multi-Account!
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
I was just thinking that. If he is serious he will find out what good tone is after the MG blows up. The sweetest tone ever is the sound of a dying MG. Because deep down you know that it dying was the best thing for it.

A Marshall MG dying is like reaching the end of "Johnny Got His Gun": In a way, you're sad because something like that was created, but you know its death is for the best.
Just making a post to say that TurnItUpTo11 is actually

bum bum bum

A multi of WlCmToTheJungle. He punked you all (except for a couple less gullible ones )

Discuss.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
not wlclmtothjungle

i decently liked him... he made the tone thread afterall (Though it maybe lacking)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Good troll is good.

But it needs some "The overdrive is crushing..." pasta.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by TurnItUpTo11

after reading that, i have decided there is no hope for the future
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
LMFAO! Thanks for the huge laugh, TS! That's the funniest post I've read all week! I especially like the part about the "really cool guy at Guitar Center!" Hilarious!
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Quote by LEVEL4
LMFAO! Thanks for the huge laugh, TS! That's the funniest post I've read all week! I especially like the part about the "really cool guy at Guitar Center!" Hilarious!

Actually, there's a guy at the GC near me who actually knows what he's talking about...he still tried to sell me a Spider II half-stack, but I was like "I need a real tube amp, none of this fake bull****" and he plugged me into a sweet used 6505 that I ended up buying.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
seriously guys his name is TurnItUpTo11....i really think he's kidding...

i mean i hope he is, because that would be very sad otherwise.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ahahahhahahahahashh
THAT made my Fricken day
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer

It's even funnier considering WlCmToTheJungle has a Fender Blues Deluxe tube amp himself.

Was a good laugh hope he doesn't get banned for the multi.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Missingno476
Actually, there's a guy at the GC near me who actually knows what he's talking about...he still tried to sell me a Spider II half-stack, but I was like "I need a real tube amp, none of this fake bull****" and he plugged me into a sweet used 6505 that I ended up buying.
I just want to go on record: The guitar salesguys at Guitar Center South Bay are helpful, courteous, professional, and they cut smokin' deals. I will definitely buy a guitar there again. Guitar Center Hollywood is a different story. I will NEVER buy a guitar there, EVER.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

This thread is completely worthless.

But it would have been funny for me if the guy had added, "The overdrive is crushing!"
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by RHCPfan01
after reading that, i have decided there is no hope for the future

it was a prank, knowing it was from wlcmtthjungle. he's not retarded.

but anyways...
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Last edited by musicfreak003 at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by musicfreak003
it was a prank, knowing it was from wlcmtthjungle. he's not retarded.

but anyways...

Hehe I hope so

Page 1 of 2