Page 1 of 2
hey i wanted to see what ways your guitar hurt you. mine is.................................
i was doing the Run to the Hills solo and my high e string broke and i was going thru the super fast section and i split my middle finger all the way down. 12 stiches.
Dr. said stop playing guitar for a couple weeks.......... so i went home sat on computer went to ultimate guitar said screw it and picked up my guitar.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPPED TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!1
high e snapped hit me in the eye and now i have a glass eye
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
We were doing a concert at school. I was playing bass and me and my friend were going to spin the guitars around our bodies. While practicing back stage, turns out one of the fat kids changed the strap. Swung it round and bam in the back of the head. Knocked me clean out, I'm suprised it didn't actually split open my head. Solid bass.
Well I got tendonitis after not even a year of playing learning to shred already. It sucks. A lot.
i know a guy who was messing around with the machine heads or something and one of the strings broke and stabbed him straight through his thumb and out through the nail.
My friends bass teacher was doing a slap funk demo and hit the bridge and split his finger open but he kept playing. i was watching him on stage it was funny. blood squirted in the air. lol
I had a ****ty strap on a mohagany les paul once. I dropped it on my bassists toe and it actually fractured a bone.
i had the end of my G string stab me in the finger, and i bled. this has happened twice, and luckily thats the worst ive gotten
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I actually impaled 17 fans at a show with the headstock of my guitar. They all died a gruesome ,slow, and painful death.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I tried a nail slide on the low E of a bass for the first time ever. Ripped my nail up and was painful for months. It still doesn't ever grow right, but that's okay because I keep my nails short for finger picking.
I've also poked the high e into my finger countless times during restrings.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You know that cover on the back of strats, that covers the whammy springs and the strings? i was reaching back there for some reason, and bent the nail back on my finger. it bled and hurt like a mother.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
the usual string through the finger story, but they were both icky and rusty so it didn't feel too pleasant, also i've cut my fingers open on the bridge of my guitar a couple of times (not seriously, but they bled and blood got all over the strings)
and then theres the strap coming off and the guitar either A) falling on my foot or B) the head stock coming up and hitting me in the side of the head, THAT hurts (it all depends on what side of the strap comes off)
but in the end nothing as bad as some of this
Oh and one time my friend was playing his new Gibson Sonex. This guitar was really heavy, so he made sure to put his toughest strap on it. After a few hours of playing he commented how heavy it was and how much his shoulder hurt when WHAM! It broke through the strap and the corner with the input jack landed right on his foot, breaking his foot and the tone knob.
I was all like OMG THE GIBSON!! while he experienced foot pain.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Oh and one time my friend was playing his new Gibson Sonex. This guitar was really heavy, so he made sure to put his toughest strap on it. After a few hours of playing he commented how heavy it was and how much his shoulder hurt when WHAM! It broke through the strap and the corner with the input jack landed right on his foot, breaking his foot and the tone knob.
I was all like OMG THE GIBSON!! while he experienced foot pain.

that made me lol a little
Quote by samlocke14
i know a guy who was messing around with the machine heads or something and one of the strings broke and stabbed him straight through his thumb and out through the nail.

Crap, is that possible?

Now I'm afraid to pick up my guitar xD
i cut myself at least once every time i string my axe. ummm, lets see. i was playing a solo with my foot on my amp, to get a better angle on the guitar, and i lost my balance, tripped back, and hit my head on the bunkbed. hurt like hell.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
I don't even own a guitar yet (ordering this weekend) and I have guitar injuries, lol. Nothing major, but I was restringing my friends guitar and I somehow jammed my thumb into the high E string and it hurt like hell. I think that happened twice actually. Another time I was carrying his guitar and I the headstock somehow managed to hit me in the head.

I wonder how many guitar-related injuries and deaths occur each year, lol--I am questioning whether I should even order the guitar or not...I REALLY REALLY don't want a string to break on me so I'm going to restring the guitar quite often

Btw, some gruesome stories in here, jeez : (

I just hope the 2nd poster in this thread was joking about the glass eye thing
My dad is a guitar headstock magnet..........never fails to collide head on with my guitars
The worst thing...is going from acoustic to electric. The strings are like ****ing cheese cutter wires. I got the worst pain ever developing callouses on my fingers all over again.

Plus, i'm clumsy, so ALWAYS hit myself on the head with the guitar when putting the guitar strap over me, I think there is an art to it I haven't mastered yet. I also bashed my nose against the neck trying to push it closer to me....I pushed too hard.

I'm an idiot.
Quote by PurpleFlavoured
The worst thing...is going from acoustic to electric. The strings are like ****ing cheese cutter wires. I got the worst pain ever developing callouses on my fingers all over again.

Plus, i'm clumsy, so ALWAYS hit myself on the head with the guitar when putting the guitar strap over me, I think there is an art to it I haven't mastered yet. I also bashed my nose against the neck trying to push it closer to me....I pushed too hard.

I'm an idiot.

Well you'll have to get used to the strings I'm affraid....

As for the strap, try lenghthening it before putting it on and the trick is to pull the strap over your head, whist holding your guitar still on a safe distance from your head.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
before i had straplocks my strap came of the bridge end of my tele and i was holding the top of the neck so that when the body swung down the head swung up and hit me on the head
POST FINDER
luckily for me its only been sore fingers and a few cuts when restringing guitars.

oh wait no actually... i managed to sprain a neck muscle playing a les paul behind my head like jimi hendrix... oops. forgot he used a considerably lighter guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The sharp end on my B string has pin pricked me multiple times, lost more blood from that than anything else :P

I was playing a bass at school with a ****ty strap & no strap locks, the strap suddenly fell off & the headstock flew up & hit me in the eye
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
I've had nothing serious, sometimes pocked the b string in my finger a couple of time but it didn't hurt much, only thing i can remember hurting my self was i just changed the gauge on my guitar to lighter gauge and they were really sharp and the same night i tried to learn For The Love of God and there was some pretty big bends and the strings cut my fingers pretty bad while i was bending (blood everywhere xD) , so i couldn't touch anything for a couple of days because of the pain.
I was gonna change strings and hadn't found the plier and pushed very lightly on the g string to get it out and bam. There I stood with the G- string halfway into my thumb...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
A bassist hit me over the head with a tuning peg once. Ow. String whips are the only other things.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Vanquish
I actually impaled 17 fans at a show with the headstock of my guitar. They all died a gruesome ,slow, and painful death.

Those Jackson head stocks are brutal ****ers.

Nothing instrument related here, just whiplash and totally ****ed muscles from windmilling through entire songs on end.
Considering there's about a hundred pounds of tension on your guitar as a result of the strings, them flying off for any reason is certainly an immediate risk to your health.

I injured my pride (and my wrist) the first time I restrung my Jaguar because I had no idea how to do it, causing it to take (and this is no exaggeration) seven hours of concentrated effort. Even after I looked it up (this was roughly an hour in) the explanations of doing so were so cryptic that I had no idea what was going on. Of course, every subsiquent time I've done it has taken less than ten minutes.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Only injuries I got (Thank God) so far is I snapped my high E string and it flew and cut my hand. The other few were just random cuts from restringing guitars.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Excluding strain injuries, I have 2 scars on my head from broken strings slashing the top of my bald skull (one was during a show, when I bent down to check my pedals while playing and BAM!, the other one was when I was changing the strings), a broken finger (dont ask. It happened over 10 years ago, and I'm still wondering how the hell it happened), a few bruises and ripped shirts, a scar on my hand (damn under-produced Jackson trems, it was back in the time I had to play a lower-end piece of crap, seeing as my guitar at the time, Gretsch White Falcon (splendid guitar, i regret selling it) was quirky and not reliable for the time being). I've been hit in various part of the body by my fellow guitarists too, most memorable times being:
1. At a larger show, the guy got overexcited. It was his first large show. He started running around like a mainiac, and sure enough, he hit me in the face with the business end of his Ibanez's headstock
2. We were piss drunk after another show, in which we played a support for a bigger band, another of my colleagues hit me in the head with his guitar, just for kicks. Turns out, he was stronger than he thought, and the guitar was a hefty 70's japanese LP copy. I was out cold for three hours, I woke up in the local hospital. The sucker got a beating as soon as I was able to walk.

Happy? Play for over 20 years, and then and only then will you have what to talk about.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
I had the ohms mismatched on my amp and cab. It caused a huge explosion killing everyone in the first 4 rows, burned all my hair off.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ive never hurt MYSELF with my guitar
Ive stabbed a few people with the headstock of my guitar in their eyes
and I'm always hitting people with the long fin on my Jackson
I've got some small scars from snapping strings, but nothing serious
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
The bridge on a guitar had enough space that my hand got caught it torn skin off, that was painful as hell.
Quote by adamrandall
i cut myself at least once every time i string my axe. ummm, lets see. i was playing a solo with my foot on my amp, to get a better angle on the guitar, and i lost my balance, tripped back, and hit my head on the bunkbed. hurt like hell.

Dude nice lmao, that's really just clumsiness still awsome though.
worst i've ever had, was i was playin some rhythm with a small jazz pick, and i'd scrape the skin off my finger just below the nail, kept playin, didnt hurt too much, but then ther was blood on my pickgaurd. i didnt even wash it off, it looked bad ass.
Last two gigs I cut open my right hand middle finger near the nail. Not as bad as some of these though!

Ive also pricked myself with the strings while restrining, but who hasent?
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Page 1 of 2