Im wondering whether i should get the roland microcube or the roland cube 20 which would you say is the better deal. the only problem that i have with the microcube is that it runs on batteries which may get annoying
I'm 90% sure you can plug the microcube into a socket without using batteries..

The microcube is a better btw.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

The Roland 20 is missing some of the amp modeling of the Microcube, 30, and 60, so you'll want to go with one of those.

And I'm pretty sure you can plug the Microcube into an outlet if you don't want o use batteries.
It really comes down to how much you're willing to pay and how loud you want it. The only bad Cube is the 15, I've heard it has some troubles. So if you're willing to spend the extra cash, go for the 20.
I do believe that the microcube does have an AC adapter.

I have a 20x, and it is OK. The distortion channels arent that good, except for the "metal stack". The microcubes may be better. The clean is pretty good. It depends how loud you need it, like the d00d above me said.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Yes, the microcube has an AC adapter included. In fact, i never used batteries with the microcube.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Between the two, I'd go with the Microcube. Got one. Love it's portability and the fact you can still use it if you can't find a place to plug it into.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Rolaands are great amps for practise on problem is you cannt add pedols to them.
i have a 15X and it plugs straight into a socket but the smaller they are the less effects they have
Oh yes its loud

IMO it's the best SS amp you can get. Everything on those especially the Cube 60 is just fantastic. The models all sound great, the effects are clean, and you've got the headroom to crank up and the tone and air movement of a 12" speaker which is awesome.

Can't beat it for the price
The roland cube 60 is loud but im not sure if it facilitates stom boxs, also if you want to go that big i would recomend a vox instead, i don't relly follow the rolands past 20
Quote by dsubstanceuk
What do you guys think of the Roland Cube 60? Is it loud?

Oh yes, it's very loud, so loud you probably wouldn't want to turn it half way when you are jamming in your room.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Micro, as you can see the 20 is less than the cube....(irony eh?)

And the micro is more portable and has moar effects.
I don't even shred
The Roland

The models on the amp sound vastly different from one another. I think it's a bit more organic and responsive to your play then the VOX is. And if you want a higher gain tone it deffinetly wins in that department
Just a quick question, someone mentioned you can't put affect pedals into a Roland Cube 60? Is that correct?? I am eyeing off buying one!

If only I would take my advice!!
Quote by dsubstanceuk
What do you think's better, the Vox 60VT or the Roland Cube 60?

Out of those two, I'd go for the Roland.

Vox make some nice amps aswell, but I haven't been very impressed by the higher watt ones.

Quote by strataminor
Just a quick question, someone mentioned you can't put affect pedals into a Roland Cube 60? Is that correct?? I am eyeing off buying one!

If only I would take my advice!!

I don't see why not.

Some amps take effects better than others, so I'd advise to try whatever pedal you want with your amp first, before buying it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!