Okay ive been holding off on buying an sr505 for a year now. I dont have the oppertunity to try where im at and the demos i liked but i just realised it doesnt have a humbucker. are there any basses which have a humbucker and a single coil around the same price?. I want a similar sound to justin chancellor (without the pricetag) and also maybe a fender jazz tone and a musicman beefy sound.

Possible??
^he said mid priced.

ts, you could try and find a used carvin, they cost a bit more than what your looking at now, but most of their basses have the option to customize it, things like change the pickups, the neck, finish, tuners. you even get the chance to have the truss rod engraved with your name.

or if you don't fancy paying that little bit extra, you could maybe look at a traben. I'm not sure if all of their models have at least one humbucker but most of them do, they have awesome tribal designs on their pheonix and array models, and the bridges are huge, so you get monster sustain.

hope I helped,

Fleajr_1412
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Hellhammerz
Okay ive been holding off on buying an sr505 for a year now. I dont have the oppertunity to try where im at and the demos i liked but i just realised it doesnt have a humbucker. are there any basses which have a humbucker and a single coil around the same price?. I want a similar sound to justin chancellor (without the pricetag) and also maybe a fender jazz tone and a musicman beefy sound.

Possible??

The SR505, despite having soapbar pickups and not humbuckers, is a very versatile bass with a great EQ and feel to it. Very worth the money - I'd still consider getting it, as it is a really popular bass. However, if not being able to try it is a really big deal to you I understand.

Do you really want a 5-string? There aren't that many basses that have a HS configuration except MusicMan basses (HS is an option, as well as the single H and HH) and Lakland Skyline basses (which are ugly as sin). These are not cheap and out of your price range.

You could look into Traben basses - they have a single coil and humbucker, and the tone is pretty decent. You just have to be indifferent about their bridge shapes. These are generally around the same price as the Ibanez

I say that if you go with any bass with humbuckers and do a bit of EQ'ing, you can get a tone similar to Justin's, though it's really difficult without his Wal and massive pedalbaord, as those are key to his tone.

I've been trying to get his tone for months and in the process I've found a tone that's similar, but not the same and I like it that way.