guitar: ibanez 370dx
amp: micro cube

i really don't have a clue where to start, would it be better to buy a pedal or some distortion? my goal is to have a sound output that sounds like heavier metal. hopefully someone from the who to listen to list responds, thanks in advance
Quote by reeseh
guitar: ibanez 370dx
amp: micro cube

i really don't have a clue where to start, would it be better to buy a pedal or some distortion? my goal is to have a sound output that sounds like heavier metal. hopefully someone from the who to listen to list responds, thanks in advance

turn it to the rectifier, and then crank the gain.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
i've already recommended this one today

an MXR 10 band EQ pedal, i love it and it gives a ****load of extra gain
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
I agree with dm1925.Also the line6 uber metal is great if you have a good noise reducer to get rid of the feedback.
Turn it to R-FIER, turn up the GAIN, turn down the MIDDLE, turn the BASS a bit past halfway aswell as the TREBLE and if it has PRESENCE turn that all the way up.
one thing is that you have a microcube, which is good, but if you want a "metal" sound, which I assume includes heaviness, you should probably upgrade that amp
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
I can get great metal sounds out of the cube from both the Rectifier and the Stack settings - you're problem probably just stems from not being very good. Just having the right gear isn't enough...you still need to play the right way.

There's no point buying pedals because the microcube won't respond to them particularly well. Just concentrate on learning to use it properly and save up for a bigger amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah micro cube's rectifier indeed has plenty of brutality for any job. make sure youre using the bridge humbucker pickup, and youre ready to take on the hordes of bloodthirsty demons on the grim plains of hell.. ive tried using an extra overdrive pedal with it but it just gets really hard to handle, too much gain! for me at least.