Hey so I've been playin for about a solid year and half, couple hours a day, bla bla bla, anyways, this Christmas I'm planning on moving into an electric from my acoustic guitar and I'm not quite sure what to get as I don't really know much about electrics, (pickups, floyd roses, etc..) ok so to the point, my Mom said that she would finance any guitar I wanted, I would pay her back a little bit each month until the guitar is payed off and I'm trying to decide between a Gibson LP 60's neck in LightBurst or a fender american deluxe telecaster in Olympic White. I'm big on blues and 60's/70's style rock so obviously these were the first two that came to mind, and I was jw if you guys could give me some input as to which I would be better off with n also educate me a little on this stuff to bring me up to speed so when i go to Guitar Center tomorrow I don't sound like an idiot trying to talk to the guys about features lol
Two very different guitars. Are you lookin for crunch or smooth sound
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
I may consider something a little more versetile then the tele, The LP sounds good, But Look into a schecter Tempest, Their all the heavy mahogany tone of the gibson too, but they've got some badass aftermarket pickups, and the jerry horton sig is pretty damn smexy if I do say so myself. Plus, it'll be a little cheaper then the gibson too. I guarentee it'll have a sexier finish then any gibson you'll get at a earthly price, and it'll sound better due to the pickups.

I just have to throw schecter a bone, because they just not only fixed my dead neck pickup, but replaced it with a PAF pro, like I asked, Free of charge.
They're an incredible company.

asides that Im personally a fan of gibsons BFG, it just has a rugged look to it, and its got both great distorted bridge PUP tones, and the same clean tones that many many bands of the day, with a Soapbar in the neck.

(Invalid img)

Its got the famed JB Jazz combo, that millions of rock guitar players find great.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Last edited by Zach_F at Oct 28, 2007,
Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Leslie West style sound so that would point to the Les Paul, jw if its really worth the extra 1000 Dolalrs
Hero.

No seriously GUITAR HERO
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE