So im pretty sure some people on UG love Medieval Weaponry. Sooooo me, being my smart and classy self, decided to make a thread about it. So just post stories, pictures, and text about your favorite medieval weaponry.

Mine would have to be the Balista. Reason, Its just cool. I like crossbows, and that is like a crossbow on steroids.

Story: We were up camping and the camp next to us had built a small balista and they were shooting blunt sticks into our camp. So that night we sabotage there balista and ammo and build our own, which was bigger. The next day we started shooting stuff into their camp. They got pissed. Nightfall comes and they sabotage our balista, and decide to build a HUGE balista. When I wake up in the morning, they are chopping down 25' trees for the limbs. So we leave them alone. A couple days later they are done with the thing, and when they pull it back it breaks the limbs, sending little wooden splinters everywere. The game warden just happened to be passing by at that moment and called an ambulance. A couple of guys go to the hospital because they have splinters all over their bodies.

Moral of the story: Balistas are badass!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ours were not that complex
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Trebuchet> balista

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
cant go past a battle axe!
Attachments:
albionhandbattleaxe.jpg
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

Poleaxe

Scimitar
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by theguitarist
Trebuchet> balista

EXACTLY what I was thinking...

Quote by penguin-pirate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ours were not that complex

Umm...how could they be simpler?
Quote by Stupified
Umm...how could they be simpler?

We just tied it up on some logs instead of making a stand. So it was pretty much a sidways bow attached to a couple of sticks.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
I still think the Francisca was the best weapon. Even though it was wielded by barbarians. Sort of ushered in the middle ages. =/

Quote by garrett5
CLAYMORE!

but claymores are two handed weapons which menas you cant hold a shield
Quote by Kankuro

Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...