It's either this in lapis blue

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBASZ520QM

or this one

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000tribalblue.html

I play mostly metallica, white stripes, black sabbath, nirvana, some blues, etc. I'm more of a rocker though...

So i don't know. I like both of these guitars. I;ve been playing for about 7 months now and want an upgrade from my cheapy starter guitar I had. So which one is overall better, good for my style?
considering your style definatly the ibanez
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by Supafly1824
It's either this in lapis blue

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBASZ520QM

or this one

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000tribalblue.html

I play mostly metallica, white stripes, black sabbath, nirvana, some blues, etc. I'm more of a rocker though...

So i don't know. I like both of these guitars. I;ve been playing for about 7 months now and want an upgrade from my cheapy starter guitar I had. So which one is overall better, good for my style?

well both of them suit your needs fairly well it just a matter of you playing the two guitar and not baseing this whole ecision on looks, but just play some of the songs you will be playing on both guitars and see which one feels better.
Im a les paul lover so i would say the les paul myself.
idk, I'd go with the feel of each guitar. The humbuckers don't seem all that different, but the AL-3000's mahogany will give a warmer tone. It seems like you really should just feel them both out.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Id go with the AL3000. Its much more conducive to all the bands/style you listen than the Ibanez is.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
The Ibanez is probably a more hard rock/metal guitar, but I think it's a worse overall guitar (and ugly IMO), so I'd get the Agile.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
They're both mad sexy.

For the most part, they'd both suit your style well. Personally, I'd go with the Ibanez, I have alot more experience playing them. (Never played an Agile.)

Ibanez never fails.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I own the SZ520, and love it!

The only thing with the Ibanez is the pickups would prolly need to be replaced if you want an awesome tone, I did, and it's a lot better. Also want to note that the Ibanez IS MAHOGANY, so it does have a great tone just like the Les Paul, but it's also lighter than a Les Paul because it's a little thinner, and has the lovely Maple Top...probably a few lbs less than the Agile.

I've never played an Agile, but I'm currently considering picking one up as a second guitar.

Both will work for ya...try to get your hands on them so you can feel them out...kinda hard with the Agile, but try before you buy...if you can!
Last edited by ErikHoppy at Oct 28, 2007,
well youve most likely never played an agile, but have you tried the ibanez?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
I have played the Ibanez, liked it a lot. I played an Epi les paul which I liked a lot.

I was kinda hoping I would hate one of them so I coudl eliminate it down to my final option, that didnt work out <.<

Oh and I would like to add that I do not plan on making any mods such as changing pickups any time soon.
And also... does anyone do cleans better than the other? The Agile seems to do nice cleans, haven't seen much of the ibanez doing it.
the agile...the blue finish is so smexy i almost came my pants...
and agiles are very good guitars too and better for your style than the ibanez
Hmmm good suggestions. The Ibanez doesn't seem that much different for the money though?

However what worrries me about the LP is the thickness of the neck, weight, and upper fret access. I love everything else about it though.
I'd get the agile. Hands down for classic rock and blues... and can go beyond that. Also, reasonable 'jazzy' cleans on the neck pickup.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I don't play THAT much blues and classic rock though.

Is the ibanez good enough for ACDC and GNR sounds? Softer white stripes stuff? Thats really all I want, plus able to handle metallica and sabbath stuff... which I knwo the Ibanez will do good there. As will the agile >_>, but playability wise and comfort wise I like the Ibanez more.