What scales, modes,etc. should I know to learn how to play the "Gothenburg" melodic death metal?

Thank you
Quote by larry jones
Advice: MELODIC DEATH METAL = NOT AN INTERESTING OR VERY GOOD GENRE

Now, there are people who say opinions can never be wrong, but I believe youur statement just proved them false.
Because, y'know, you're wrong.

Anyway, ts, try some phrygian modal runs. They usually make for interesting riffage.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Can anyone please answer my question please? I do know that there are some bands that are ruining the scene of melodic death metal and the genre but there are still a lot of great bands from the genre still.
Quote by swordsman14
What scales, modes,etc. should I know to learn how to play the "Gothenburg" melodic death metal?

Thank you

Minor scales, esp. harmonic minor. good for in flames and arch enemy.

and even though children of bodom isnt "gothenburg" they are still melodic death metal, and they use alot of natural/harmonic minor
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Learn some songs you like from the bands and then analyse the way they riff it up
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
Quote by Droogie4Life
Does playing this "melodic death metal" **** really get you chicks???........anywhere but the netherlands anyway?

Because that's ALL that music's about, isn't it?
lol. I live in Gothenburg, is there a whole genre named after the town?

Too bad I think that's the worse music ever