my G string snaped when i was playin wiht my whammy bar ( i have an Ibanez S470)
and whenever i set the string back up (put it in the floyd rose) if i use the whammy bar to pull the strings (upwords sound) then it snaps again... the only time its FINE is if the G string is droped to F
please help! what can i do to fix it?
will guitar center fix it or somehting?

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Korg ToneWorks AX3000G Signal Processor
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
are you sure the saddles are locked tight enough ? if not, the strings would probably slip out of the saddle.
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
Quote by finalzz
are you sure the saddles are locked tight enough ? if not, the strings would probably slip out of the saddle.

+1

This happens all the time.
Quote by finalzz

but hes saying they're snapping not popping out...

If they are snapping, its probably due to friction at the saddle coupled with the extra tension on the strings. Rub some pencil lead into the saddle and see if that helps.

If they are popping out, when you change the strings, Stretch the strings over the neck first till they hold tuning and then use your palm(sort of like palm muting) to keep the string held down and pull up with the whammy bar. Do it a few times and the strings adjust.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
well the string isnt breaking.. i guess u could say its popping out... but i lock it up pretty tight.... i donno.. so far its been fine...
wuick question.. if i puish my whammy bar all the way up.. will that break the strings/. or is it designed to be able to do that?

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
Quote by powerkid89
well the string isnt breaking.. i guess u could say its popping out... but i lock it up pretty tight.... i donno.. so far its been fine...
wuick question.. if i puish my whammy bar all the way up.. will that break the strings/. or is it designed to be able to do that?

if its popping out then you have to tigten it down more or take it into a store and get them to check if the string locks are fine.
When you pull up on the whammy your adding tension on the string which could possibly break the strings, but it usually doesnt unless theres a lot of tension. Whats more likely to break the strings is if you push down hard and then quickly pull up.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
^+1
as DagMX stated, you should get the store to check it.
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
would guitar center check it out? or would i need to find some guitar repair place?

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
You could rub pencil graphite on the saddle...
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212