Page 1 of 2
Why do you think that people attempt to create interesting and controversial threads in the pit?

Do you really think they relish the possible intellectual conversation? Or is it more a result of the constant need of teenagers to establish attention?

Is thread making a general question of curiosity, or a gem of e-whoring?
My God, it's full of stars!
A lot of threads about deep stuff and politics in the pit actually were very interesting and very educated except for the classic extremist dick that starts cursing.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Dreadnought
Why do you think that people attempt to create interesting and controversial threads in the pit?

Do you really think they relish the possible intellectual conversation? Or is it more a result of the constant need of teenagers to establish attention?

second one lol
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I don't know but what I do know is that Global Warming is a LIE. Thoughts? Comments??
Quote by shakes23
I don't know but what I do know is that Global Warming is a LIE. Thoughts? Comments??

It's a made up lie by the US government to pull away the attention from their secret weapons hid in the Antarctica.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I love expressing and listening to other peoples opinions on controversial ideas and subjects

Now that i think of it, if there inst one already, there should be like a UG debate team
Last edited by masterk1818 at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by masterk1818
I love expressing and listening to other peoples opinions on controversial ideas and subjects

Now that i think of it, if there inst one already, there should be like a UG debate team

I second this
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Quote by Dreadnought

So why have YOU tried to start an interesting, intellectual conversation in the pit?

An actual intellectual conversation in the Pit? Well there was Socrates Cafe, but that dealt more with philosophy, deep conversations nonetheless. :\
666 BRO
Everybody knows that global warming is a corporate lie to sell more Hybrids. What's in those hybrids? Subliminal McDonald's advertising.
Quote by Dreadnought
yeah? ban

Nice to see ya around, Dread!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by whirleygig
So why have YOU tried to start an interesting, intellectual conversation in the pit?

Will you be having fries with that pwnage?

Just because you are a mod doesnt mean you can spam.

I personally like deep interesting threads only when the TS knows what hes talking about and not some teenager who tries to be mr individual
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
they start their threads because we can only have so many threads about wieners,chicks,drugs, and megadeth.
'Cause e-fame is awesome, baby.

In all seriousness, I actually quite like it when somebody makes an interesting point and it's possible to have a discussion. I'm far too lazy to find another forum for that purpose, so I make do with the what I've got.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Well, I think you've answered your own question for the most part.

Some people do it to spawn discussion, perhaps to broaden their mind though more likely to affirm their previously held beliefs.

Some people do it because the success and/or the caliber of the thread may well reflect on them.

Some people do it for a bit of both.

Many people who create these threads aren't teenagers as well.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
The pit used to be better, in say, 04/05, it wasn't as annoying or immature and some decent conversations came out of it.
I remember when I signedc up to use the forums, it wasn't bad, but then oct06ers and nove06ers started to come in and there was a big change...
Now the majority of new members tend to be immature, and they stick around
If this thread doesnt show the answer nothing will. The people being idiots are new.

The people actually answering are old.

The 07er discrimination isnt for no reason I guess.
Why are you making this thread?
Are you seeking attention from a bunch of pit-dwellers?

Do you relish the possible intellectual conversation?
I don't know if its any of the above Dready. It appears at times that threads have a life of their own. A seemingly innocent question can take off and spawn 5 pages of debate, flaming and some very stimulating conversation. I also have seen threads started that would appear to be the same at the outset only to die and float to the bottom of the pit in minutes. Some UGers have a knack for creating threads that stimulate some great conversations. (The Madcap - ya one of us immature '07ers that won't go away)
I don't really know the answer I guess. I don't start very many threads.
And ya there are quite a few "Look at me" threads but those can be quite useful as well. I now know about 300 different ways to tell someone how to stfu.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by urik
It's a made up lie by the US government to pull away the attention from their secret weapons hid in the Antarctica.

You'd have thought they wouldn't have any explosives left after staging 9/11!
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by rorythefaggot
You'd have thought they wouldn't have any explosives left after staging 9/11!

no.... that was me
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by wiggyisgreat
The pit used to be better, in say, 04/05, it wasn't as annoying or immature and some decent conversations came out of it.
I remember when I signedc up to use the forums, it wasn't bad, but then oct06ers and nove06ers started to come in and there was a big change...

Yet you are an 06er.
It depends on the thread.

Some of them are an attempt to get cool points on the internet (ultimately proving the person in question has no life), some are asking a quick question, some are to give people something fun to do, and some are actual intelligent discussion.

But it varies.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by wiggyisgreat

Psh, don't you be tryin' to tell me about old Pit days
My God, it's full of stars!
This thread is ironic...I like it

But really, you can tell when someone's looking for discussion and when someone just wants attention by looking at their posts
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Page 1 of 2