Page 1 of 2
Is there any christian bands or religous types that suprise you with their music. I've never been a big fan of the jesus worshiping genre but I'm oddly attracted to the song Some Kind of Zombie by Audio Adrenaline. It's a good song to check out as well as a couple of other tracks.
Christian Metal blew my ears off.
I used to think that it was like church music but with drums. But it's actually an AWESOME genre. Gotta love the style.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Mudmen190
Just another way people follow the paradigm, blind to anything outside it.

Not really looking for opinion just what bands surprise you. I don't personally believe in God but I'm not a religion basher. Anyways try and stick to topic, thanks
Quote by Mudmen190

Christian Music. Not the religion. Don't be a dick. Not all people who are religious are close minded. To say that is to make a huge generalization and show yourself to be a hypocrite.
Quote by shakes23
Christian Music. Not the religion. Don't be a dick. Not all people who are religious are close minded. To say that is to make a huge generalization and show yourself to be a hypocrite.

QFT. I'm a christian and i listen to bands that are most definitely not christian bands at all.
check out Impending Doom. you'd never think that they're christian
Underoath, kinda.
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
Ya, there's this one band called most of classical music.

They did a good song called Bach.
Christian isn't a genre...its metal that sings about god....its punk that sings about god...but you cant call your band the genre christian...thatd doesnt show what you sound like at all.
Definitely check out Project 86. Their albums Truthless Heroes and ...And The Rest Will Follow are probably the best.

Quote by Mudmen190

OH NOEZ ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!11!

Fail.

Quote by sklthesaik
Demon Hunter... I choked when I read they were a Christian band.

Demon Hunter is also an amazing band. New album in 9 days
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I hate music with any religion in. Music and religion should not mix. This is coming from a christian.
Quote by 5/4
Ya, there's this one band called most of classical music.

They did a good song called Bach.

Fail.

Recently, my brother found this band called Pillar..

They've got some really solid songs.
Mandatory gear list
Ibanez S470
Vox AD30VT
Vox V847

"There are people that I know won't hurt me. I call those people corpses."
LZ7.
Christian RAP?

But I like stuff like Delirious?, Hillsongs, David Crowder Band
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
I Definately dont think of Christian as a genre, but As I Lay Dying is pretty damn good, and thy are "Christian Metal"

I listen to music for the music, not what religion the people in the bands are.
I'm not Christian and a large part of my music is Christian....Antestor, Demon Hunter, Underoath, Immortal Souls, As I Lay Dying and Becoming the Archetype are some of my favorite bands who are also Chrisitian......I'm in to bands for their sound alone...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
in the words of Hank Hill "Christian rock doesn't make Christianity better, it just makes rock worse"

nah I ain't here to hate. I don't really like christian rock/metal but I'm not gonna dis it.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
haha, this thread's responses are either, i'm a christian and don't like christian music -or- i'm not a christian, but still like christian music.

personally, it's not my style. but my brother's in a christian death metal air band called blood spilt, blood saved. their first single is called 'Save a Man, Slay a Lamb'. they're funny.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I never really liked religious music. Too clean cut for me. I don't think they're deep enough.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
The Chariot they are crazy live...

Pillar is good, met them a few times.

The Showdown is great.....

I work at a Christian music festival "Cornerstone Florida" here in Orlando, Florida. Get to listen to a fair amount of Christian music every year and meet some of the bands, it's actually a blast. Lots of good musicians!

As I Lay Dying
Underoath (the old stuff!)
Project86

there are tonnes of good bands...
...megadeth anybody?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Page 1 of 2