I'm thinking about getting a telecaster. I always wanted one.

I'm specifically looking for a telecaster that has ONLY ONE PICKUP- a humbucker in the bridge position and nothing else.

Does Fender and Squier manufacture these kind of telecasters? I've been on their website, and I haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can anyone here help me? Perhaps this kind of telecaster is a custom-made type of thing.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Jericho-79 at Oct 28, 2007,
why dont you just get a tele with a humbucker at the bridge and a single in the neck and just not use the single??
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
The new Squier Avri Lavigne sig...........lol
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
That guy out of sum 41 Deryck Whibley, his model is like that isnt it
Manchester United
The Esquire has a single single-coil pickup, not sure if they make them with humbuckers.
...So why, exactly, do you only want one pickup?
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Jericho-79
I'm thinking about getting a telecaster. I always wanted one.

I'm specifically looking for a telecaster that has ONLY ONE PICKUP- a humbucker in the bridge position and nothing else.

Does Fender and Squier manufacture these kind of telecasters? I've been on their website, and I haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can anyone here help me? Perhaps this kind of telecaster is a custom-made type of thing.

Any thoughts?

there are teles with 2 hbs. or you can get a 78 custom with a HB in the bridge and the single coil in the neck.

then just dont use them?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
i dont like guitars with only 1 pickup...i need that other one...so just get the 2 pickups and just dont use it
Quote by Gabel
While Warmoth provides excellent parts, the Bang for the $$$ isn't there. Too expensive.

Quote by staticoverdub
there are teles with 2 hbs. or you can get a 78 custom with a HB in the bridge and the single coil in the neck.

then just dont use them?

Too expensive and I think TS is going for a certain functionality and look.

Quote by philipisabeast
Pfft here it is

Esquire is also expensive, not to mention it's a sin to mod its SC to a Humbucker + the additional cost.

Quote by berysLTD_h-50
i dont like guitars with only 1 pickup...i need that other one...so just get the 2 pickups and just dont use it

TS wants one Humbucker ... it's all preference.

The Squier Tele Special (IMO) + the inexpensive GF PG would be the easiest route. Remove the Neck SC and attach the new PG and Jericho-79 will be close to what he needs/wants.

The only negative is that the Squier is a few mm. thinner than a Fender ... this may be of zero consequence in the overall scheme of things, though.

^ Squire Esquires aren't too shabby, and easyish to replace the pickguard and HB

But it'd be cheaper to just get a dual HB tele and mod it a bit
Esquires are great, they're more versatile than people think, and btw Fender has been making these guitars for awhile
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
You could get an Esquire and put a single-coil sized humbucker, like a Seymour Duncan Hotrails, in it...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Ippon

Too expensive and I think TS is going for a certain functionality and look.

mij model, if you didnt know!
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight