What are some very easy popular modern rock/ classic rock/ pop punk songs? Preferably easy enough to learn in 1/2 rehearsals. Also, our lineup is 1 vocals, 1 guitar, Bass, and drums. Songs that have 2 guitar parts that can be dumbed down are okay too.

Thanks
Last edited by dylan_r at Oct 28, 2007,
Whole Lotta Love is a classic that isnt to difficult, except of course the solo.
Enter Sandman isnt to difficult.
Only One by Hoobastank
When I Come Around.

I dont know, those are some that I could think of.
Iron man and Paranoid, Some blink stuff, AC/DC are good. Nirvana?
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
if you want pop punk then just look at anything by blink. its all easy.

and you could learn smells like teen spirit in a matter of minutes
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
In The Shadows - The Rasmus
Suspect Device - Stiff Little Fingers
Time Is Running Out - Muse ( play the piano through clean guitar with delay effect )
Witchcraft or Dimension - Wolfmother
Hash Pipe - Weezer
1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins
Creep - Radiohead
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
I'm going to agree with what has already been said.

Blink 182
Green Day
Nirvana
etc..(most modern pop-punk bands)
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
green day, ramones, sex pistols, we're not gonna take it, fat lip, electric funeral.

no way you can learn enter sandman in 2 rehearsals, the solo is too hard. same with iron man and paranoid, it would take much longer than that to learn the solos and put the whole thing together.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Depends on how good you want it to sound. Sure from a technical aspect most Green Day/Blink songs are simple, but go on youtube and try and find a band which hasn't butchered the song. You'll find the rare good one.
if your a fan of greenday holiday is really easy. umm drunk girls by soco, come together aerosmith version if you wanna go for an older song
iron man and paranoid are too hard to learn quickly unless you leave out the solos and so is acdc and its not exactly easy on the singer eaither the easy stuff to do is ramones blink 182 greenday and maybe you should consider covering classic rock like the beatles there verty easy and everyone knows the songs
^Beatles stuff can actually be pretty complex, depending on the song. if he's doing their early stuff there shouldn't be an issue though.

Uh, "Train in Vain" by The Clash might be worth trying. Some Green Day and Ramones as well.
what i like about you by the clash is simple and well know as well but that guys right if your gonna do beatles keep with the older songs like alot of stuff in the 1 album