I am pretty much a noob when it comes to going concerts. I have gone to see Rush and Dream Theater, and both of them I bought seats. Now I want to go see Amon Amarth in December and I have been looking for tickets, but all that I can find is "general admission" so what does this mean? Is it one of those "get there early so you can get good seats" type thing?

pepsi

EDIT: For the record the seats were only being used during the opening bands for dream theater, and when we were waiting for rush to get onstage
Last edited by pepsi_lovr at Oct 28, 2007,
There are no seats in the moshpit!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
yes.

or maybe there aren't any seats, so it could be one of those "get there early so you can get as close to the stage as possible" type things
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
That's the way it has been for me; Get there early and get the good spots. Unless you buy more expensive tickets if they are offered, which then you will get put in the better seats.

Or if the concert is in an actual SEATED venue it depends on when you order your tickets. If you get them sooner than others, you will probably get a better seat. But yeah, that's the basic idea.
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
hahahahahahhahaa

seated at a metal concert, you make me laugh =)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Usually GA means standing so theres no favourites

if there were seats, GA pricing would sell you tickets but with seat numbers based on whats left at the time you bought it
There won't be any seats, it'll just get you in, then you stand and watch.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I usually bring a lazy boy into the mosh pit with me, ya know sometimes you just get tired and want to kick your feet up without loosing the sweet spot, aaahhhhhhh
General admission means that you've bought tickets that get you into the main area of the venue. You can go anywhere in that area but its not like you have a reserved spot anywhere special apart from the general area. General admission usually applies to places where it has a large space which is more often used than the seating.
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
Quote by pepsi_lovr
I am pretty much a noob when it comes to going concerts.

Tru dat.

SEETZ R 4 NUBS!!!1111oneone
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK