Poll Options
View poll results: PRS SE or Fender standard
PRS Se
27 59%
Fender standard
19 41%
Voters: 46.
Hi guys.
How do you compare "Paul Reed Smith guitars SE series" with "Fender Standard series"?
Of course I want to compare the ones with (nearly) the same features and price. For example "PRS SE EG S/S/H" versus "Fender fat strat".
Try them both out and see. I'd go for the Fender personally but that's just because that's what I like. You may like the PRS better.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
if you can afford a prs then id go for it.

they are awesome guitars. not only do they look great, but they sound great too. what styles are you looking to play?
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
I happen to have both. It really depends what kind you music you like to play. The strat is more versatile but i prefer the prs for the heavier stuff. both are reliable when playing live as well.
I like nearly all kind of music except for very heavy metal and punk. That's why I like HSS guitars. I like its versatility.
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

prs se is not expensive. it's about 500USD. nearly the same price with MIM strats. everyone can afford it.
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

they are awesome guitars. not only do they look great, but they sound great too. what styles are you looking to play?

Everyone has this idea that all PRS guitars are expensive. The SE series is very affordable. Anyhow, I would probably go with the SE. Mahogany body, set neck, and decent pickups.
Be cool.
The PRS. I haven't had too much experience with PRS SEs, but the MIM Strats are actually a pretty poor value IMO...you should get at least a Highway 1 before you really have a quality guitar. The machine heads are pretty poor (can be tough to turn and pretty exposed to the elements), the pups are mediocre, and they aren't really well set up from the shop usually.
Quote by Nebjy
Get the prs and get some Coil taps

"Coil taps"?! sorry... what is that?
What he means is coil splits, where you split the coils of a humbucker to make it single coil. A coil tap is when you actually lower the output of a pickup.

Coil splits are far more common (and are standard on most higher end PRSs), but it's not a really good idea for a beginner to attempt, as there is a little bit of drilling to be done (for a mini-toggle switch), and mildy complex wiring.
Even though Strats are the most famous guitars, but the vote result up to now is 56% for PRS SE! I didn't expect that.
Quote by faramarz
prs se is not expensive. it's about 500USD. nearly the same price with MIM strats. everyone can afford it.

I can't...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
now see, i happen to disagree, i have rly loved every standard fender that i have polayed, but i rly dont like the feel of the PRS SE's. i havent tried an upper level PRS but from my experience i would go with the MIM any day. Its all personal preference though. I guess i just rly like the feel and look of the MIMs
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional