# Hardware: Black Nickel
# Tuners: ESP-LTD
# Bridge / Tailpiece: Floyd Rose tremolo
# Pickups: EMG-81
# Electronics: 1 Volume
# Modified offset V cutaway

I was planing to make this guitar
so first of all i will construct its BODY , can anyone give me its dimensions
(and help me with this cuz im new in making guitars)
Last edited by blood venom! at Nov 2, 2007,
....... u could find someone that has one and measure it or u could find the dimensions for a randy v ...
and dont use basswood sounds like **** compared to say alder
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DeAd-RiP

Wrong. Basswood sounds rather nice, a little bit middy which is perfect for soloing (which is predominantly the reason for Laiho's guitar) and is nice and light (good for being able to throw it around on stage).

If you have no experience with building guitars, this project won't turn out in any way in which you're satisfied unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing and have good woodworking skills. I say you head to the stickies (at the top of the page) and make sure you understand every single reference page listed on there about guitar construction, particularly any from Project Guitar.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Gay.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
With a light basswood randy rhoads style body that's gonna be one neck-heavy guitar. If that's no problem for you, have at it. Basswood sounds great.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
....... u could find someone that has one and measure it or u could find the dimensions for a randy v ...

No no no no no no no. That was a very ignorant thing to say. The lower end basswood stuff isn't the greatest, but I assume he's getting higher quality wood and that is sex.
Ben
You can get free blueprints of guitarbuild.com and just use the dimensionsto make the guitar.
You'll be looking to build a jackson Randy Rhoads V though and not an alezi(the alexi has a larger cutaway) because an alexi wont support a bolt on neck too well.

As for basswood, try mahogany or alder. IMO, they sound better.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by blood venom!
What?????????

That your country doesn't support Paypal. Must be a bit of a bummer.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Get a good high res pic of the guitar from the front. Use Paint or photoshop and scale it up until the nut width it 42-43mm across then hit print.
Glue it all down to some MDF then cut it out.

Theres your dimensions
Quote by jscustomguitars
Get a good high res pic of the guitar from the front. Use Paint or photoshop and scale it up until the nut width it 42-43mm across then hit print.
Glue it all down to some MDF then cut it out.

Theres your dimensions

i like ur idead bro.......
but how will i get its thickness?
Quote by blood venom!
i like ur idead bro.......
but how will i get its thickness?

Well, start at 2" and work from there. If it's too thick, plane a bit off.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
My Randy Rhoads is 1 3/4" thick.
Quote by Liberation
ok.......now that ive got the dimensions of the body..
can someone plz give me the dimensions of the neck
Quote by blood venom!
ok.......now that ive got the dimensions of the body..
can someone plz give me the dimensions of the neck

the neck is upto you. Shape it as you want. IF you really want exact dimensions, then just go onto an ianez website since they are the best at mentioning neck dimensions, though jackson alos have all the specs listed to.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Just a suggestion, id change the pickup to a real EMG, not an HZ. An 81 will be good for most situations, but if u need more output, get an 85. Much better than an HZ. And do go for more of a Rhodes V shape, and bevels might not be the easiest thing to do if u have no router experience. Building a good guitar isnt easy. Especially doing a neck. Check out projectguitar.com and some of the stickies here for help on that.
Good call switching to alder body imo.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by DagMX
the neck is upto you. Shape it as you want. IF you really want exact dimensions, then just go onto an ianez website since they are the best at mentioning neck dimensions, though jackson alos have all the specs listed to.

hey thanks man for the dimensions.........
but ive got 1 more question..
what should be the thickness of the fretboard(the rosewood)?
If you get a pre-radiused fretboard, it should be the right thickness.
Quote by Liberation