Page 1 of 3
what are your faves?
i dont really know that many but Children of Bodom is probs my fave =)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
I'll agree with you on that, the mixture of keyboards and Alexi's playing contrasts well IMO, though to be honest I don't listen to Death Metal much so can't suggest any others.
In Flames.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I like Children of Bodom and Opeth, if you count Opeth as melodic death metal
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by Rengori
Dissection anyone?

Dissection are black metal.
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
^Dissection is Melodic Black metal. My fav Melodic death Metal bands are probably Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium and Amon Amarth.
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Quote by Mongochromat
Dissection are black metal.

Since when!? Dissection clearly have Black Metal influences but they are Melodeath, anybody who has listned to both genres can tell that.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by x Misanthropy x
Arch Enemy>All

im seeing them in 4 days =D
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Since when!? Dissection clearly have Black Metal influences but they are Melodeath, anybody who has listned to both genres can tell that.

Obviously not.
Insomnium, Dark Tranquillity, old In Flames, Mors Principium Est, Amon Amarth, Edge Of Sanity...
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Mongochromat
Obviously not.

Hmm... Looks like you found my nerve. Right now I'm so angry I just might find your house and beat you to death with my collection of Immortal cd's . But dude, just listen to Dissection! The way the songs are structred... Their aproach to songwrinting is more along the lines of In Flames or Carcass (Even if they don't sound like them) and they have a great recording quality, something that black metal bands usually try to avoid as it makes the record sound less "necro". Sorry dude, but they are a Melodic Death Metal band, and let me correct me previous statment: "Any experienced Listener can tell..."

Edit: And yeah, people have labled them "Blackend Death Metal", but I think it's silly to be constantly creating new genres.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Last edited by Omni-Ragnarok at Oct 28, 2007,
Bodom,At the gates, wintersun, cadacross, in flames.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Hmm... Looks like you found my nerve. Right now I'm so angry I just might find your house and beat you to death with my collection of Immortal cd's . But dude, just listen to Dissection! The way the songs are structred... Their aproach to songwrinting is more along the lines of In Flames or Carcass (Even if they don't sound like them) and they have a great recording quality, something that black metal bands usually try to avoid as it makes the record sound less "necro". Sorry dude, but they are a Melodic Death Metal band, and let me correct me previous statment: "Any experienced Listener can tell..."

Edit: And yeah, people have labled them "Blackend Death Metal", but I think it's silly to be constantly creating new genres.

Look, I'm not gonna get into an arguement over this, you are feel to think what you want and I could care less.

Btw, if you haven't heard some of The Crown's earlier stuff you might like it:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FADF0CF11817373C
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok

The only true melodic death album Dissection have made was Reinkaos, and it was awful. Everything else is melodic black metal as far as I"m concerned. EoD.

Best melodeath? At The Gates, Carcass, Amon Amarth, and Mors Principum Est probably

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Dark Tranquillity, Wintersun, Edge of Sanity, Carcass, Amon Amarth.
CoB, In Flames, At The Gates, Carcass, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth. \m/
CoB, In Flames, At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Rishathra (Mates of mine, they're awesome), Mors Principium Est, Scar Symmetry, and...more I can't think of.....
Dark Tranquillity are my undisputed favorite, and probably always will be. favorite. Insomnium, Disarmonia Mundi, Mors Principium Est, APP/NBC-era Soilwork, Dawn of Tears, The Absence, and Blood Stain Child are also great bands.
Wintersun, Amon Amarth, Late Carcass, Opeth

Honestly...I have no idea why, but I cannot get into Bodom....I just cant. It kinda sucks.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Dark Tranquillity are my undisputed favorite, and probably always will be. favorite. Insomnium, Disarmonia Mundi, Mors Principium Est, APP/NBC-era Soilwork, Dawn of Tears, The Absence, and Blood Stain Child are also great bands.

Woah, another BSC fan.

Don't forget Quo Vadis people!
Opeth, In Flames, At The Gates
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Since Opeth doesn't count I'm gonna have to go with Soilwork.
Then probably Scar Symetry.
Quote by Miasma909
CoB, In Flames, At The Gates, Carcass, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth. \m/

Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I'm quite fond of Dark Tranquillity atm. But other than that I like the usual. Amon Amarth (occassionaly), At the Gates, Quo Vadis, Carcass, Arsis.
I've found Jesus
Nothing made me happier than opening this thread and seeing so many people mention Mors Principium Est.
Wintersun, In Flames, Shadows Fall, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum (idk if they're pure MDM) Scar Symmetry, CoB, Amorphis, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Into Eternity, Kalmah,
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Opeth,

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
I find it a little hard to categorize Wintersun in Melodic Death metal soooo Into Eternity.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Page 1 of 3