This will like likely sound like a n00b question, but anyhow...

If i have a guitar with a bad action, can that be rectified simply by replacing the neck and adjusting accordingly? I figure that i could just get a new, decent guitar, but as a lot of people, i'm fairly broke and want to do things cheaply, but get a reasonable result for a little money.

Any help/ideas/advice is welcome
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
no that won't help and to tell you the truth you won't find a neck cheap...... so what style bridge do you have? you have to adjust that... i that doesn't work you go to the truss rod.... just tell me what bridge you have and i can tell you how to adjust it... set my friends up all the time!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
it's just a standard fender style one with the tiny allen bolts to adjust the height.
it's a strat copy if that helps
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
oh yea... how much is not cheap by the way...?
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
^ probably about £150 for a decent starter one. Of course there is then the price of finishing it aswell so it would probably be about £200 if u can't be arsed to finish it yourself.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
It would be a lot cheaper just to bring the guitar into a shop for them to adjust the action to your liking.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
dude just twist them down until the strings rest where you like them... and as for a neck.. i paid 225 for a fender neck and 140 for the no name all parts neck...... but hey if you have that kinda cash i would buy one but it won't help your height...
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
^ i must admit if you don't know how to do it then take it in.... and have them show you how to do it for your next guitar. thats how i learned!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven