Okay ive come across the names before but i dont really have an accurate idea of what they mean can anybody help me out here?

Also i found a while back a thread that explained how to adjust the action and inotation on a strat styled guitar and i forgot to mark it does anyone have a link to this thread?

any help is greatly appreciated
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Action is the height of the strings from the fretboard. You adjust it usually at the bridge. Don't really know what more to say about that.
Intonation I'm not totally sure but I know it has something to do with tuning being consistent down the fretboard? Like the twelfth fret is exactly an octave about the open string and not too high or low. You adjust that at the bridge as well generally.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
Quote by Diateo
Action is the height of the strings from the fretboard. You adjust it usually at the bridge. Don't really know what more to say about that.
Intonation I'm not totally sure but I know it has something to do with tuning being consistent down the fretboard? Like the twelfth fret is exactly an octave about the open string and not too high or low. You adjust that at the bridge as well generally.

bingo.

intonation is just basically the tuning of your guitar being uniform across all the frets.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Check wikipedia for a description of what it is. To check it, check the 12th fretted note of each string and compare it to its 12th string harmonic (use your tuner and see how well they line up). If they both aren't perfectly in tune, your intonation is off.
Intonating the guitar means to adjust the length of the string slightly. You do this to make sure that the 12th fret is EXACTLY halfways along the string - if it's not, it won't be a perfect octave, but it'll sound slightly flat or sharp, and so will the other frets. This means that if your guitar isn't intonated, you can tune it all you want, but whenever you play a fretted note, it'll still be sharp or flat. You check the intonation by comparing the note you get from fretting the 12th fret with the note you get by touching the string above the 12th fret and then picking the string. If the fretted note is flatter than the harmonic, you need to pull the string back (done at the bridge) and vice-versa until they're the same pitch.

Action is simply the height from your fretboard to your strings. This can be adjusted at the bridge as well. Usually low action means the guitar is easy to play, while high action means you'll get increased sustain/less fret buzz. Most people will try to balance these two - also, how your truss rod is adjusted will impact how low or high your action can/has to be.
I'm a communist. Really.