Well I've come to the conclusion that a Jaguar is the guitar for me, but discovered that there are two versions:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-jaguar-62/8913

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-62-jaguar/921

So which should I get, ie is there any real difference except for where they are made.
Also, will these have the newer bridges that dont cause low tension problems etc?
I can afford either btw

Originally posted by Lorddrg7
If crap came in a package, it would probably be wrapped in this
One is Japanese and one is American. I have played both and the Japanese is basically as good as the American. So get the Japanese!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
After searching around a bit, I found this in wikipedia:
"As of 2007, the main difference between Japanese and American models is the electronics - American models use higher quality parts and have brass shielding plates installed in the cavities."
However that is not very specific, and unless it effects the guitars playing/feel or it's sound I don't think it matters.

Higher quality parts my ass, only difference is Japanese have mostly Alpha pots and Americans CTS pots. Brass shielding plates? No better than Aluminium. Japanese all the way.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well if you want the same parts as the American it will cost you about £30 to get it anyway.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

So I'll just go for a Japanese model then... try it out first of course

I've been going through the exact same thing the past couple weeks and I've decided to go with the Japanese Jag. If there are any differences then the roughly $750 that you saved can easily fix it or the bridge if its acting up or the pickups if you want. Good choice on a sweet guitar by the way.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
i don't know man.
that price difference can't be justified by the country where it's made ! that's just silly.

the USA one has a hardcase with accesories, and it has a tremolo lock button.
it proabaly has better wood too. and it looks better

i'd definitely get the USA one.
Quote by The Masterplan

it proabaly has better wood too. and it looks better

i'd definitely get the USA one.

Both are made out of alder now apparently, though the Japanese used to be made out of basswood. So if I buy the new models I'm fine... i was thinking of changing for a Mustang bridge as well if I didnt like the bridge it came with.

no i don't mean different woods, i mean the USA jag probably has better quality alder than the Jap one.

i'd get the vintage, but it's up to you.
I've got a CIJ Jaguar and I love it, but I think it's really just opinion. See which one you think feels and sounds better.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by The Masterplan
no i don't mean different woods, i mean the USA jag probably has better quality alder than the Jap one.

i'd get the vintage, but it's up to you.

Actually you are wrong.

Having played both the Amerincan AND Japanese Jags I can tell this. They were equal. Owning a Japanese Fender both me and my dad felt it was euqal to a much more expensive MIA Strat one.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band